• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New trailer maker to start production in Ohio.

Oros35

I wouldn't spend that much on one, but I know many people that would. ( I think they must have more money than they know what to do with, but unfortunately every penny of my money is accounted for :? )

Then again there's no way I'd spend $30K on a new jeep either, and thousands of people do.

SteveKuhn

It's a nice looking trailer. A 416 just went around here for $675 - painted and all but when you got up to it you could see lots of dings in the tub. They do command a price. And a decent 101 without the racks, bows or tarp and non-OD paint job will be well north of that.

I'm wondering about the type and gauge of steel in this unit considering today's market. How does it compare to the original? The quality of the material throughout could be a big tipping point in price if it's not of the same stuff you see in the utility trailers at Lowes and Tractor Supply.

While I can certainly see this crowd or the likes on the 4x4 sites putting something together for themselves from surplus, I can see a segment of the market willing to pay rather than fix, build or paint. I'm thinking in particular of the person around here who has a Jeep set up for off road to the teeth but that has never seen mud outside of the potholes in the dirt parking lot at the county park.

Seems those people have lots of money to spend, the desire to look like they're ready for the hinterlands, but would prefer to do so bringing big stuff home from the big box store or going to KOA.

Best of luck in the endeavor.

Steve

MarcusOReallyus

About a year ago. One bow broken, other than that, not a single problem. Top is intact. No tears. Surge brakes work fine, tires are excellent. No dents that I can see. I did manage to knock one top rail off, and bend one of the uprights unloading some logs. My fault. Oh, and one of my boys hooked up the lights, but left too much slack in the cable. It dragged a ways, so now I need to replace it. Why, yes, it's coming out of his pocket. Why do you ask? :mrgreen: Best way to teach them, I think.

You can see a couple of pics of it in this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ng-the-101-to-work-hauling-firewood&p=1297021

197thhhc

For a lot of people it doesn't come down to price. If it did everyone would drive a Chevy and no one would drive a Cadillac. Alot of people are not hands on and look for quality instead. They are willing to pay for it. I think he will do well if he markets on a national level. Most of us are the fixit up hardcore offroad type but we do not represent the majority. I wish him the best and hope his trailers are a huge success. If he provides one job to someone in need of a steady paycheck then he has my full support.

Ted

mcmullag

I have been in a 4x4 club here in the Springs for about 4 years, I have a stock 4runner so i mainly ride along with other folks and help out with spotting and recovery, etc. cause they do really hard stuff. A couple people in the club started with new Rubicons and then had shops keep beefing them up over the years, they must have $50 k investment in each of these jeeps.
CO state organization http://www.hightrails.org/

Moab easter jeep safari would prolly be a good thing for you to attend as a vendor. Maybe get your pamphlets on the counter at Jeep and Land Rover dealers in Denver and Salt Lake City, etc. Our club was linked to a state association which is linked to a national association. Denver has some really big clubs. Best of luck to you.

Danger Ranger

Yes, I second this. Be sure to sign up and go to Yankee Lake this summer or next. It might not be quite like the Easter Jeep Safari, but you might get a hit or 2 from the hillbillies like me there.

Danger Ranger

Hey Josh, I have a question or two for you, since I have recently picked up a bit of info....

Does the name Jon Drenski ring a bell to you? It should. Pm me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks