• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New truck and a stuck brake! M923

RobM923

This probably points to a problem with your system not just one axle. Also you said all of your gladhands are valved? Front passenger gladhand should Not be closed off. It should have a cover with a vent on it.
Do you have a picture of what the front passenger side valve looks like? I will look at mine today when I get to the office but if I recall correctly it looks like the fitting is broken or its missing something. Thanks

PETE BALLARD

Where did you get this information? All of the info I have read including the Army Supplement issued specifically for the ABS MRO states that the rear "axles" are equipped.
one thought to keep in mind, depending on th econfiguration of the ABS system, and this is where many people get confused you may or may not have sensors on just one or both drive axles of a tandem set up. Just because you might not see the sensors on a particular axle it does not mean the the system that the system is not on that axle, you must look to see how the system is installed. On most tractor setups the basic sensor placement is on the steer axle and one of the drive axles, but all wheel service brake functions are controlled thru the ABS service valve, most times the drive axles are plumbed to work in tandem and split side to side. So it is easy to see where people make mistakes on how they describe the systems

RobM923

Jeff, Thank you soooo much!!! You solved my problem! I took so much stuff apart on the truck trying to figure out where my problem was it's ridiculous. Not sure why the valve was closed but this morning I opened it and my problem was solved. Thanks again man, I wish I would of read your post a couple of weeks ago, it would of saved me a lot of aggravation to say nothing about the lump on my forehead. Thanks again Jeff. You the man!!

RobM923

Also, thanks to all of the other people that tried to help me with this problem, I was really frustrated. But like my wife put it....."you got to know your truck":)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks