• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New turbo'd 6.2 owner

deepseeman

Hey guys,
finally got my motor swapped out and put a 6.5 turbo on it. man what a difference! why didnt i do this a long time ago?

anyway, i noticed yesterday that after i turned her off that i had smoke coming out the air filter. is this normal?

chevyCUCV

Wheres the pics! especially the downpipe

And have you replaced/ cleaned your cdr?

And did you do a complete engine swap? or just put the turbo on the 6.2

Tanner

Congratulations! But be gentle with it, lest you find the next weak link in the 6.X chain... I vote that the head gaskets will go, or a molten piston will present itself due to increased EGT's.

You ARE monitoring EGT's, right?

'Tanner'

deepseeman

ok, so here are the pics. I bought the motor and turbo from boyce equipment out of utah. the motor was out of an ambulance with only 16k on it. price....1800 shipped to San Diego. It took me a full weekend to install it by myself. Ed hanson here in San Diego did the exhaust. I havent installed my EGT temp gage yet, so yes Im takin it easy.

Attachments

wayne pick

Nice job, You might want to get a Banks air filter housing for it, it's piped through the radiator support to the grill. Kinda like a ram air setup to feed the turbo with cold air. cold air=O2

kapnklug

Isn't that CDR valve hooked up backwards? On mine the connection from the circumference of the CDR goes to the engine, and the pipe from the flat face goes to the intake pre-turbo...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks