• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New VIC-1 / VIC-3 Intercom to Civvy Radio Adapter Design

CommoChief

For the cellphones I have tied them together directly with fine results. I expect the computer will behave the same.

Augi
Augi….great work. I have been researching replacing RT-524 radios with a modern 6 meter radio as the old radios seem to be failing quite frequently in our MV group. Does the radio attach to your box simply using a cord from the radios external speaker jack?
And, if so, will any radio with an external speaker jack work? Finally, do you have any more boxes available for sale?

Thank you in advance…Bill

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Augi's Bluetooth works great. Though I wanted a different box design so I printed it. I use the original lid and screws and printed a new main box with mount tabs.
Ya'll ate welcome to the stp files if you want to print your own

Attachments

Augi

Augi….great work. I have been researching replacing RT-524 radios with a modern 6 meter radio as the old radios seem to be failing quite frequently in our MV group. Does the radio attach to your box simply using a cord from the radios external speaker jack?
And, if so, will any radio with an external speaker jack work? Finally, do you have any more boxes available for sale?

Thank you in advance…Bill
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I haven't made those radio adapters in years. The ones I've made recently are for connecting cellphones to the intercom system via Bluetooth.

Augi

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are awesome adapters. If you want to interface a cellphone to a vic3, this is the easiest way to do so. I have two of his adapters in my 1151.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks