• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New wagon top xdoor 1 inch gap

Darrellr

New wagon top xdoor .5-.75 inch gap

Guys

i have a m998 with a wagon top conversion. Previous owner said he spent 10k on the top. Truck cam with soft and hard doors. There is at least a .5 inch gap along the top of the Xdoors. Is this because it's an aftermarket top? That would require raising the doors suite a bit to close it if it's even possible.

Im a new owner and fave never adjusted doors and don't see how they can be raised that much.

Attachments

Last edited:

DLJIII

The hardtop doesnt looks seated completely. I cant tell from the pictures but, are there any gaps between the hardtop and the pillars?
It may just take some weight to pull the hardtop edges down to see if they slide in place.
I can see the original rail screw mounts, about the same distance between the gap and the hardtop.
Unless the aftermarket company did that intentionally to try force customers to buy their doors as well.

spoonsc1

Looks like there is no top horizontal land for the door seal to contact. looks like there is a drip edge on the top, and the B-pillar is contacting the door seal, but nothing on top of the door like the rag tops have that "bow" that runs forward and aft.

Action

Looks like there is no top horizontal land for the door seal to contact. looks like there is a drip edge on the top, and the B-pillar is contacting the door seal, but nothing on top of the door like the rag tops have that "bow" that runs forward and aft.
x2, There is no "door jamb" at the top. Raising the door won't seal anything. The gasket on the door needs something to squish against.

Stonewall

X3, The door jam is missing the sealing surface at the top. Picture 4 tells the tale. As said, you can see the mounting hole for the rail. Normally it would be there, right about where the top our your doors would contact it. You will most likely need to fabricate a piece of flat to take up that gap.

Darrellr

just spoke to California top.. They are great!!! I have the pieces in the box but did not have the instructions.. Will is great and very helpful If you are looking for a top.. they are great..

Action

just spoke to California top.. They are great!!! I have the pieces in the box but did not have the instructions.. Will is great and very helpful If you are looking for a top.. they are great..
And didnt you say in first post that the top is $10,000?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks