• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New- Want a M35A2 or other military vehicle

MVEnthusiast

Hi, im new to the forum so please forgive me if im not posting in the right spot. Id like to get my hands on a M35A2 or some other 2 1/2 ton or 5 ton military vehicle.
I was trying to get one from govliquidations.com but they are extremely rude and wouldnt even answer my questions straight. They said that they dont know if the trucks will start or not and they dont know the conditions. So im not sure how to get my hands on one now. I want one for cheap, but im not sure if its possible. I was hoping to not spend more then $4000.
Any help and information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Travis

Blood_of_Tyrants

They are telling the truth. They DON'T know the condition of the trucks. When they get ready to list them on the site, they send a guy out who tries to start them, if they don't start, they do NOTHING ELSE. Most buyers get a truck that has at least a small degree of reliability. Others get a lemon with bashed in radiators, and holes in the transfer cases. You pay your money and you take your chances. However, if you see truck you like on GL, there are members close to many of the lots who will gladly take a look at and may even try to start the ones you like and give you a report.

If you want to purchase a truck that has been bought, thoroughly inspected, and given a clean bill of health by a member here, you will pay a premium.

MilitaryRestoration

bashed in radiators...never ;-) now days it's almost worth paying the other guy for the truck you want and have him go through all the possible head aches and paper work...especially if you are not mechanically oriented, or if you are give yourself a test and you'll soon find out what you are worthy of... thats my 2cents

Attachments

emr

My personal opinion, is if You want one for cheap you will get what you pay for.. Like any Hobby shop around,,, You may find at the auction they are a better price, but why? well because its an auction, of used surplus, they are not trying to offer pristine vehicles,they are people in an agency doing a days work, thats all, not car salesmen making a commision,You asked a bunch of stuff most just would not know, they dont have the time or want to have that info. they are honest about what they have,A bunch of used military stuff ,if you think You are going to win a bid and go drive her home, you better do some more homework, It is and most will agree, a crap shoot, for those with experience we know what to look for,pulling a motor or other stuff like that is what you know is a possibilty on the truck U bid on, I mean these guys that bid on this stuff, are ready to work the trucks over when they get em. this, steelsoldiers, is the best place I have found to ask, Its less expensive in my eyes to buy something someone has done the basics to, Sure You will pay them for it, but as you learn the ins and outs , You will find some great deals too, I say pay a fair price for a good vehicle and It will be more fun in the long run,There are a full range of prices and conditions of vehicles for sale here and at local clubs, that might be a good way to get some info also find your local MVPA chapter and go to a mtg, , my 2 cents,, Randy

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have several trucks in NE Alabama that are in the $2500.00 range. I picked them up in Arkansas a while back.
Most are good runners, one is bing parted out. Two are hardtops.
PM me for details and shipping arrangements.

Travis AM General has a nice 70 m35a2 whisler with winch hard top and heater. great truck i know i purchased its mate they both were great trucks . PM him for more info truck located in foothills of north carolina , also has clear title. Good luck Kenneth

MilitaryRestoration

and once she sings you'll be hooked :) When we bought our 'truck' (single) we started up another truck right before we left and it ended up being a whistler, long story short we went home with 'trucks' (plural hahaha) and indeed a hard top'd, heated, whistling winch truck is a nice find...and more than likely worth the few extra bucks compared to other trucks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: New- Want a M35A2 or other military vehicle

I can help you out in your quest to own a M35A2. I will have a couple more for sale shortly in your price range, and they work 100%, no problems or hassle from GL. Send me a PM and let me know what you specifically are looking for in a truck, and what you will be using it for, and I'll get you set on up.

Flea

I can vouch for maddawg. I bought one of his, and they are good trucks. Give him a call. :)

Sure beats the "will it run?" question...

MVEnthusiast

Wow, thanks yall for all the replies! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but im having a hard time figuring out this forum. Its a little harder then the other forum im always on (which is a Ford forum).
I will send you guys with trucks for sale PMs.

I just PM'd you Travis, I'm sure we can work something out...

If you're still interested in the WW, talk to MHODGES or WESTFOLK, they've both driven it. Macon (MHODGES) took it for quite a ride down the road, said it was just as peppy as the m35 whistler he bought, just no whistle and more smoke.....

qdbrown

I am curious, what would be a good price range for either a Wrecker, or more favorably, an M246? I don't see many Wreckers, or some here and there on GL. Being a newbie, I am a little hestiant to start bidding on GL, at least until I get access to a heavy duty trailer to get her home incase she doesn't start. I am really wanting and holding out for an M246. They extra long boom and tractor trailer fifth-wheel looks too neat all the way around. My goal is to eventually have one of each model. I have the basic A2 wo/w, and fell in love with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks