• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New whistling sound

Kenneth Cole

Hi
I have a 1991 and when I'm driving , I hear a whistling like sound and when the fan kicks in it get's much louder.
I'm thinking It my be something with the fan assembly but what I'm not sure. Belts seem to be tight.
Any ideas?

Ken

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming the sound occurs when you’re above 200 degrees, it is normal for the Cadillac valve. Wrap the valve in rubber or silicone sheet to get rid of the noise.
Lots of posts about this.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As TOBASH said it is normal for the Cadillac valve to whistle or squeal, do make sure your belts are tight as the V belts can make a similar sound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks