• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new winches at HFT

edpdx

I just received an email "Alert" from Harbor Freight Tools. Seems they have a new line of winches. I have been toying with the idea of installing one on my Blazer; but have not committed because they seem like an expensive proposition. I realize there are better winches- the WARN seems to get a great deal of coverage on these Blazer forums; and there has been a thread here that outlines how to do a nice, near hidden, install using a HUMVEE winch bracket... If the BADLANDS winch seems reliable, I may go with the 9000 lb model and the aforementioned install in the spring...

No link posted; but Google "badlands HFT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've got one of there "12,000lb" winches on my Samurai. Works ok for it, but their ratings are way way way over what they are in reality. I'd equate this 12K winch to a 6 or 8K winch.

Derrickl112

One day I'll get a mile marker hydraulic winch for my civi truck. They are more exspencive, but they are alottt better than the electric ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks