• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New wiring issue….

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You’ve got to see this to believe it.

IMG_4849.jpeg

circuit 71C, windshield wiper circuit. Apparently was rubbing on the steering shaft, shorted, welded itself to the steering shaft knuckle, and then (luckily) broke. Argh, now I have to find both ends and get this fixed, but could have been worse!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found more wires that were chaffed, looks like the rest are all grounds.. but I’ve got about 8 wires it “fix”.. at least

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First picture was the washer sprayed circuit you can see where the wire melted…

second bundle is a bunch of dash grounds. They are both chaffed and I found them connected with a red wire nut.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had some of my wires in the hood harness (headlights and marker lights) that were badly chafed like that. Now I'm going to inspect under and behind the dash!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Well wiring is now repaired. All of the stuff in the left of the dash is reconnected. Need to finish installing the instruments and the high beam switch. Then hopefully it works. (So much for todays plan to go to the lumberyard for remodeling supplies)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks