• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Wisconsin show/rally Aug 12th, Central Wisconsin Military Show

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Since the Iola show was canceled Tom stepped up and it will now be the Central Wisconsin Military Show Aug 12th in Aniwa, Wisconsin, (about 18 miles east of Wausau and 40 miles north of Iola)

"Mark your calendar. A major event moves to the Motorama Auto Museum. 8.11-13 2017 Central Wisconsin Military Show. We are pleased to announce that after 25 years as the Iola Military Show the midwest's premiere military vehicle show and swap meet Has moved to it's new home at the Motorama Auto Museum Events Grounds. The event is know known as the Central Wisconsin Military Show. We are continuing the core of the Iola show, vehicle show and swap meet. In addition we are adding show vehicle trophies and special awards, pin up girl contest with cash prizes, and parties fri and sat night with live music. There will also be a wide variety of food venders and on site camping for participants. Tentative schedule. Friday 8.11 move in day. grounds open at 8am. participant party with full bar and live music 7-11pm. Saturday 8.12 gates open to the public at 8am. Swap meet closes at 6pm. Bar opens at 7pm. Show Vehicle Awards at 8pm. 9pm Pin up girl contest, 1st-$100 2nd-$50 3rd-$25. Followed by live music. Bar closes at 2:30am. Sunday, move out day. Grounds close at 5pm. Stay tuned, more news coming."

http://www.militarytrader.com/jagfi..._content=932837_EDT_MT170331&utm_medium=email

Last edited:

undysworld

nchittendon,

Being that this is the first year for the show at the Motorama grounds, there are a lot of details that have yet to be worked out. Camping facilities are being enlarged, but total capacity etc. are yet undetermined. Everybody involved is extremely busy with the arrangements. Details will emerge asap. pm sent.

EDIT: Let me clarify "Details will emerge asap". They're urging PATIENCE on details. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

undysworld

Here's a link to the Motorama Facebook page too, they plan to post updates: www.facebook.com/Motorama.Auto.Museum You can see some of the equipment at work prepping the grounds.

I'm told that the reenactment campers are still very welcome and encouraged. The only real change will be that no moving vehicles nor pyrotechnics can be involved.

Live music Saturday night in the Motorama Museum Motor-Sports Bar!

avlon01

As long as I can still drive up my HMMWV to show, I'll be there.

I brought it up in 2016 to Iola and had a great time. Now I just need to find a MV club in southern WI that's active.

Gunner USN

As long as I can still drive up my HMMWV to show, I'll be there.

I brought it up in 2016 to Iola and had a great time. Now I just need to find a MV club in southern WI that's active.
Avlon01 - you have a few choices, but I don't think any are really close to you:

Midwest Military Vehicle Association - mostly out of the Milwaukee Area
Red Bull Historic Military Vehicle Association - www.redbullhmva.com - mostly out of the Twin Cities
The Red Horse Cavalry - close to Des Moines
Quad Cities MVPA - http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=quadcitiesmvpa - out of the Quad Cities area
Northern Illinois - www.NICMVPA.org - Chicagoland

all above mentioned are MVPA chapters near you, hope that helps some.

Last edited:

undysworld

Big Update on the SHOW!

I just heard from Tom that things are moving along great. He asked me to share a bunch of important details, so please pass this info along to others you know. Even though this show is intended to reflect the old show at Iola, there are some changes, so he wants to get the news out.

DATES: The Central Wisconsin Military Show is on for the week end of august 11-13.

Friday is set up day, and venders will be arriving on Thurs. Friday is for the participants. Buying and trading, trail rides, and a party with live music.

Saturday the vehicle show and swap meet is open to the public 8am-6pm. During that time no vehicles may be operated. That evening there will be awards and live music for every one, public included.

Sunday We are not advertising sunday as a show day because in the past many participants left on Sat. evening making a poor show for people that came on Sunday. If the venders will stay for Sunday we will return to a two day public show next year.

REGISTRATION: Registrations for the show come in every day. There are already close to past numbers on the show vehicles, but the swap has a way to go to be filled.
Tom encourages people to pre-Register so they can send out passes in advance and not have to deal with it on show day.
There is no cost for show vehicles, re-enactors, pin up girls.
Register to receive gate passes, arm bands, and windshield stickers.
Registration passes and information packets will begin being mailed out next week.
Registration will not be available once the show opens to the public on sat.
Registration info online at @alfaheaven.com.

SHOW GROUND NEWS:
Outside of one more road to gravel the show grounds and camp grounds are done!
The new show grounds are a much better set up than Iola, with lots of shade, closer camping, trail rides, fair style food court, Bar and hall...
...plus access to Wisconsin's largest auto museum - Motorama https://www.facebook.com/Motorama.Auto.Museum/

NEW ENTERTAINMENT:
Live music all weekend.
A pin up girl contest with prizes.
There will be awards for the show vehicles and re-enactors.

RE-ENACTMENT ENCAMPMENT / GUNS:
The re-enactor encampment is on, with a large designated area that allows permanent constructions.
There will be no battle this year, but the battle may return for 2018 if we can satisfy safety concerns that a live round cannot be accidentally loaded.
There will be vintage guns and artillery in the show and swap, just no live ammo or new sport rifles.

SPONSORS INCLUDE:
Ho Chunk Gaming
Never Forgotten Honor Fight
Disabled American Veterans
Red Bull
MMVA
VFW
Military Vehicles Magazine
Henry Rifles
Central Wisconsin Visitors Center.
A HUGE Thanks to these groups who are helping make this show happen!

The best military show in the midwest is alive and well. Come join the action in August.

EDIT: Anyone know how I switch the print back to all white??

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Some people enjoy it I know.

But for the life of me I have never understood why anybody wants to re-enact combat.

It's always big though.

undysworld

Some people enjoy it I know.

But for the life of me I have never understood why anybody wants to re-enact combat.
Amen to that. The combat vets I've known seemed to carry that experience with them forever, and many of them would barely speak of it, much less want to re-enact it.

But each to their own.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into MajorTom from Alfa Heaven this weekend at the Iola Old car Show. I left with the feeling that they are really working hard to have a successful event. The majority of swap spaces are sold, but some are still left. He described the swap/show/camping layout. It sounds like he has tightened up the swapping and show spaces by moving the campers to another area. I have 1 swap space and 1 show space. What to bring....?
No live ammo, no driving around during show hours. I can live with that to have a show in the area.
My plan is to arrive mid afternoon Friday, then Turn tail Saturday after the show ends at 6pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Gunner USN

I will be traveling over on Friday, displaying (CUCV II and M101A2) on Saturday. I will have an trailer available to bring material back to the Twin Cities Metro. Please PM me for arrangements!

evldoer

Will there be on site registration Saturday morning? Would like to bring up 3 or 4 cucvs for the show to help support the show.

Or do I need to pre register?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks