• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New WMO pump question

jpekarek

I am ready to build my new WMO filter system. I have a 275 gallon oil tank with 100 gallons of WMO and about 75 gallons of WVO in it. I will add about 30 gallons of diesel and 30 gallons of gas, (all I can afford). Should make something close to "Wreckermans" mixture, maybe a little thicker.

I have 2 oil filter heads w/filters and a water remover setup all piped together. I plan to let the mixture just cycle through the filters and the tank while I am away for the day.

I have 2 questions.

1. Should the mixture go through the oil filters first or through the water filter first? I figured though the oil filters first so the water filter wouldnt get clogged up.

2. Is it better to draw the mixture through the filters with suction or push it through with pressure? I thought that sucking it through would make the pump last longer and prevent it from getting junked up.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

wdbtchr

I would push it through the filters rather than suck it through, if the filters block the pump will cavate if it's centrifigual or run dry if positive displacement and damage the pump. I would go through the waterseperator first, that's what the trucks do and I'm sure there was a reason for that.

Personally I would never to off and leave it circulating unattended. If a line or packing leaks and you pump it all on the ground you may find yourself in a lot of trouble with the polution people.:roll:my2cents

TACTICAL6

Last edited:

jpekarek

I got a nice pump from Kipman, I think he still has some. I believe you will have better luck pushing the oil to the filters, rather than sucking it through them. Pumps push better than they pull. my setup works pretty good, you may want to take a look.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/alternative-fuels/58097-kipmans-wmo-pump-works-great.html
Good advice about using the pump. I have spent a lot of time looking at yours already.

I would push it through the filters rather than suck it through, if the filters block the pump will cavate if it's centrifigual or run dry if positive displacement and damage the pump. I would go through the waterseperator first, that's what the trucks do and I'm sure there was a reason for that.

Personally I would never to off and leave it circulating unattended. If a line or packing leaks and you pump it all on the ground you may find yourself in a lot of trouble with the polution people.:roll:my2cents
You have an excellent point! Maybe I will plan my oil filtering when I am working in the shop.

Thanks for the advice. I will post pictures of the whole thing-a-ma-jigger when I return from hunting next week!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks