• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Wolverine Tech Centrifuge

sn8ke8

Harley I'm in Saginaw mi and was wondering if I could check out your setup, I would like to buy one but I would like to see a setup, thanx David 989-213-1767

harleyrkc

Harley I'm in Saginaw mi and was wondering if I could check out your setup, I would like to buy one but I would like to see a setup, thanx David 989-213-1767
Thats not a problem. I just need to get my hands on some more oil. Send me a PM sometime next week, I'm heading to the east side of PA later this week so I won't be around. Just keep in mind I'm still getting my final setup in place, but its operational. Eventually I'll be moving all but the heating operation into my shop and permenantly mounting the centrifuge.

harleyrkc

It just keeps getting better and better. Last night I got a phone call and a buddy came across two 330 gallon totes that previously had diesel additive in them. All I had to do was pick them up today. Done. But then just before I pulled out in the duece this afternoon I get another phone calll. Another buddy knows of a tire shop that does oil changes and they have almost 400 gallons of oil they need to dispose of. Hopefully I'll pick that up tomorrow.:beer:

digitaldust

hay dont forget to callme when your back I got the case of beer and a car dolly that the $100.00 m1009 came back on
also got my M67 in the mail the other day have to open the wood box I see there about 60ish now

harleyrkc

Bring it over saturday. I should be cooking another batch of fuel. I've got a pair of 330 gallon totes now and one of them is already over half full. So I'm itching to cook up a batch.

If anyone has any decent ideas on pumping please chime in. I built and experimented with a 350 sbc gear pump, but wasn't happy with the speed. And then I switched to a HF air operated barrel pump. Its ok but not nearly as fast as I'd like. I'd really like to find a reasonable price on an air drive 1/2" diaphram pump. What other options are there?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like this one that just sold on GL for around 12k and cost 300k in tax money
Try 6000gph. and never used. I called the manufacture and they had parts instock for the model. Just to rich for me today.

Attachments

G-Force

I like this one that just sold on GL for around 12k and cost 300k in tax money
Try 6000gph. and never used. I called the manufacture and they had parts instock for the model. Just to rich for me today.

I work for that company....and yes.....they are expensive....and I don't think it will do 6000gph.....when did that get auctioned????

G-Force

Having done this for years now I can tell you you don't have to heat it above 160 deg for the water to fall out. My setup has an upside down barrel with a drain in the 3/4 top bung hole and the run valve welded in about 2" from the"bottom" drain. Then I cut the bottom of the barrel out and found a lid that covers it well. Once it has been uniformly heated the water falls to the bottom and can be drained off, along with some of the heavies. The centrifuge catches the rest. YOU CANNOT REMOVE LARGE QUANTITIES OF WATER WITH A CENTRIFUGE ALONE, Unless your bowl is freakin huge. Heating above 212 deg will work but can burn the oil and the water actually boils off which can be dangerous (ie spatter). The black is Ok I run a blended WVO with a little WMO and diesel so it runs nice in my Benz and m1009 and deuce. I use an electric barrel heater for mine so it's a little safer (no exposed flames) as mine is semi close to the house.

Stampy,
The centrifuge that Floridianson has pictured in his post above will separate oil and water as well as solids .....and yes 212 deg is too high and dangerous when you have oil and water since the water will settle to the bottom of the tank and if it starts to boil it could push the oil out of the tank.....we geneally run searating temps at about 80 to 95 deg C.....

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I work for that company....and yes.....they are expensive....and I don't think it will do 6000gph.....when did that get auctioned????
I thought it brought at last sight 12k and it weighed 1300 lbs and clamed to do 6000. I believe it was for a big ship and did the oil while it was running. 440 3 phz.
If someone knew how to resell it there was some money to be made there.
Watch someone will step up and say they got it resold it for 100k. I will poop my pants like I was a baby again.

harleyrkc

This site and that **** multifuel truck are going to kill me. The more WMO I burn, the more I'm compelled to make. I've only made fuel 3 times now, but being able to come home and gas the truck up without breaking the wallet was a big thrill the other night. I'm hooked!

What kind of mileage have you guys been getting burning waste oil?

I'm going to be driving up north quite a bit this summer to some new hunting property my father just purchased and I'd like to know if I can make it round trip on a tank with anything to spare.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not sure about mileage, at least 8mpg. I sure wish I would hear back from W.T. as I want to buy one of their bowls for cleaning my fuel.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had several fuel oil purfiers similar to what got sold. The big fuel on would do 135gpm, so that is 8100gph. But we would be using it to fill 24,000gal service tanks. We had smaller ones for the lube oil. I really want one of them. We would put it on recirc on a 1600 gallon main reduction gear sump, with the oil staring off like milk. 6hrs later it was just a pure as the day it was refined.

I need to get me a centrifuge. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks