• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New WV Military Vehicle Organization

johnnybravo

:grin: Fir years we have been discussing about forming a MV organization in West Virginia.

We will be having our first meeting Jan. 30, 2010 in Beckley, WV.

You can contact me by repling to this post.

Come on over...you do not have to own a MV.:grin:

johnnybravo

new mvpa

Hank,
We are having our first gathering, Jan 30, 2010 in Beckley @ 10:00am, take exit 44 off turnpike, turn left at light, get into right lane, go about 2-3 miles, look for Bill Miller Insurance Agency building on right. We are meeting in that building. If you can arrive around 09:30 am for coffee and such.

WELCOME

I will try to call you.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds great. Congrats on getting a group together. I talked about it with a few people when I was living in Charleston, but never got around to doing it. I will be moving back in-state here in a couple of weeks so I will have to come down for a meeting. I will be in the Clarksburg area so it should be a fun drive down 79 and 19 in my 5-ton :beer:

toyotechwv

Does everyone plan on driving their MV's to this meeting or not?? Be a bit cold in a deuce from Princeton:-D. I may be able to come, anyone wanna buy a deuce? I am trying to sell it.

jbingvtx

I would love to attend, unfortunately I work on saturdays. If I could get on an email list or something so I could have advance notice in the future I could work my schedule around.

johnnybravo

Paul...Driving an MV to meeting is an option.....your call. Please come, if you can, try to arrive around 09:30, so we can have some social time prior to business.

Jonathan...attendance is not a required for membership. I have talked to several people, like yourself who have to work Saturday.

Hank...I called and left message.

To all...this is our first meeting, We have been working for along time trying to put this together. Recruiting a start up staff and etc. to do do all the preliminary paperwork requirements and such. I thought a newsletter was mailed first of last week to everyone listed on the list we received from national MVPA. I have not received one, so I guess it was not done. oops!
I am sorry for the short notice but we must go forward. Most important that you help me get the message passed along. We will address the newsletter again Saturday. My cell number is 304.222.9659 or 304.222.7255 and my email is johnnybravo52@hotmail.com Bill Miller the interim President cell is 304.573.4902, fax 304.253.0433 and email bill@billmillerins.com. Also, the physical address for the meeting is: Bill Miller Insurance, 832 Neville St., Beckley WV 25801.
Directions from turnpike:

Exit 44 off the turnpike (if coming from the south/east, turn right at exit stop and if coming the north/west turn left at exit stop). Get in far right lane and go about three (3) miles, look for Bill Miller sign and Neville St. sign on your right, parking in rear of building. Call, if you need more directions.

johnnybravo

Hank...it was great to talk with you on the phone Friday.

We had only the staff make the meeting Jan 30th., the weather and short notice killed the turn out. We worked out other details, I think it was a blessing for just the staff to work on more of the "detail stuff", it is better to get all that put to bed quick.

Next meeting, a "MEET AND GREET" , is scheduled for April 3, 2010 at the Sunday Road Baptist Church, Hico, WV (Junction of US Rt 60 and US Rt 19). We tried to get a little closer to the center of the state to equal out the driving time. The facility has a large gym, kitchen, restrooms, paved parking and two large gravel parking areas. Bring a covered dish/beverage (NO ALCOHOL)we plan to have lunch. Hope the weather is warm and clear so we can have some vehicles present.

Bill Miller has made arrangements with the Friends of Coal Auto Fair in Beckley, WV and they have assigned us a specified area of the field for Military Vehicles. I cannot remember the exact dates at the moment, but Bill is sending out a greeting letter to everyone and it will list our schedule for 2010, along with other information.

I listed contact info above in a previous post, feel free to drop a line or give me a call.

Jonathan...I have not heard from you...please send Bill an email so you can get all the information.

johnnybravo.....out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks