• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New XM221 Owner in Oklahoma

Duke113p

Greetings all! I wanted to share with Steel Soldiers my first (probably only) big MV. It is one heack of a rig. I never realized how much you can see where the CCKW like style and the "newer" inventions at that time that would go into the M35 series in this one truck. I have to do a little steel removal from the rear, front bumper (lack of) install a few parts from a donor vehicle but I know it will take the one thing most do not have enough... time.... I will keep you all updated as I make progress on this truck.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you got the Clark 5 speed from the CCKW. I would keep that. Otherwise looks like a great candidate for restoration. Work on it a little every day and one day it will be done.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Great looking truck, looks mostly complete.

Mastertech

To bad someone took out the Hydro and xchanged for the manual trans. probably dont have the Hi/Low option now but the tractors are cool Im hoping to add one of those to my garage that and a tipper and a tanker

Duke113p

thanks

Thanks everyone. I just relaized that the transmission and transfer case that is in it has a pretty nice PTO on the side off it. I will get some pictures of that and post later this weekend. There were two other parts vehicles that I have been taking all the parts off of them to have extras and replace a few bad components. I started at the engine compartment in earnest this past weekend. Seems that some rates or something big with sharp pointy teeth and a mean streak a mile long got to the replacement air hoses off the pump. The air pump is bad, replaced number five plug wire. I pulled all the spark plugs and number 5's insulator as it goes into the plug just fell apart. Of course I had to mess around in the rear... I worked on the fifth wheel, it now opens and closes. Does anyone out there know where to get replacement floor board covers that cover up those big holes for the body mounting holes? I have one, it looks as though the rubber is crumbling off of it. And last but not least... if anyone knows of someone or some place that has a front bumper... please let me know.. thanks.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks