• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb in need of future advice

FuelRod

I have been successfully struggling to find the perfect deuce for me, but theres alot of pros and cons to the models I've been looking at. So I've been wondering about just hodgepodgeing them together, but i would like to get an experts opinion before i wind up on the long road to failure. :p

Overall i would love to get my hands on an M35A3, but i will settle for an A2 wich brings in my 1st question, how hard is it to aquire and replace the rear axles of an A2 with an A3's? Along those lines are an A3's front wheels the same lug pattern as an M2's front axle?

Then there's an uncommon issue with a few that do not come as multi fuel or turbo equipped, was just wondering if there and any guides that would show me how to convert the engine over to one. (less on the multi fuel part, if all goes right i would like to make it run off bio-diesel from vegi oils)

Lastly, and i fear the most complicated, Has anyone rerouted the exhaust to behind the cab, preferable splitting to two stacks behind the cab (for a picture to my madness, peterbilt semi's make excelent references)

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

My friend welcome to the big green world of the disgarded souls .There is no perfect truck out there, they are as different as day and night .If you have deep pockets then there are many companies out there that will build you a truck to your specs . If not then look and study everything you can in the TM,s at this site and others . There are so many tips it may take you days to research them all . But please remember these are not your SUV They are very big and burly beast and they don't give you a second chance to get it right. Look at many trucks before you make your purchase and I'm sure you will be happy with it .......:p:p:p

I am a newbie to this forum not to deuce. The A3 has same axles as the A2, so if you needed to swap axles you can. The A2 would be best for running bio-diesel, you would have to put in a pre-heater for bio-diesel or have small diesel tank for start and warm up then switch to bio after warm up. As for Pete stack's I have seen pic's of it don't. Try putting it in to the search.