• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb relocating to TX

Chevybrit

Hi guys
found the site, wish I'd seen it earlier but when settled in new home am
planning on buying a CUCV
any advise on what to look for where to look and the kind of cashish needed
would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. I go through Tenaha all the time going up to Red River Depot. For CUCVs, look on GSAAuctions.gov, Craigslist, classifieds here. Minimum purchase price of trucks is $2,000 due to the axle value. Blazers can be had for much less. The Texas Forest Service in Lufkin sells about 10 CUCVs a year on the GSA website. Most are in tough shape.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, not good shape. We say in Texas, "rode hard and put up wet". These GSA trucks were used by underfunded volunteer fire depts. as brush trucks. Unfortunately, the military has surplused 98% of CUCVs so as we say in Texas, "that's like closing the gate after the horse dun got out".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks