• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbe with ??? on buying a Deuce

steelandcanvas

thanks on the hoa glad i did not know what that was
that link does not seam to go anyplace

i try to misspell as much stuff a i can it keep people on there toes :D aua
I had no problem with the link, it took me right to the Deuce WIKI. You might want to reconsider intentionally mis-spelling words, and not capitalizing. The Mods frown on someone not trying to do their best while posting. It just makes it easier for everyone to read. Just my 2cents.

cbvet

I hear there is new legislation pending, saying that if you can't spell "Deuce", you can't own one.

And good luck trying to license a "duce":D.

Seriously, be patient. Look at other member's trucks. There is a lot to learn.

mkooler

wow, news flash to all my new fends on this sight i suck at spelling and sometimes my spellchecker does not catch it. but since we are all pals here ill fill you in, when i was 14 my head ,chest and left leg were crushed by an 80 hp case 8 wheel tractor. I walk with a limp,got 1 1/2 lungs had 3 hart attacks before the age of 40 and some might say have some mental problems like, i for git my kids name and get lost on the way to work and spell **** wrong all the time,but i can do math that will make your head spin , fix any thing from a 1953 Oliver oc3 to a tomahawk missal gyroscope stabilizer. i made a spelling error.
i assume i will now be kicked off the board so be it ,thank you to the people that help answer some question for me. i hope to enjoy a new truck soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, news flash to all my new fends on this sight i suck at spelling and sometimes my spellchecker does not catch it. but since we are all pals here ill fill you in, when i was 14 my head ,chest and left leg were crushed by an 80 hp case 8 wheel tractor. I walk with a limp,got 1 1/2 lungs had 3 hart attacks before the age of 40 and some might say have some mental problems like, i for git my kids name and get lost on the way to work and spell **** wrong all the time,but i can do math that will make your head spin , fix any thing from a 1953 Oliver oc3 to a tomahawk missal gyroscope stabilizer. . i made a spelling error.
i assume i will now be kicked off the board so be it ,thank you to the people that help answer some question for me. i hope to enjoy a new truck soon.
Don't get discouraged buddy. Sometimes it can take pretty thick skin to deal with folks here (especially when you are the new guy) but I assure that they mean you no harm and for the most part are a great group of people who would bend over backwards to help you out. Some can be real anal about spelling and capitalization so I would suggest that you use a browser like Google Chrome because it automatically spell checks as you type. No muss no fuss.

Now that they understand that you aren't making the grammatical errors on purpose or out of laziness, they will probably lighten up a bit. Hang around, I think you'll be glad that you did. :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Danger Ranger

Dang son, you need to slow down. We are a tough crowd, but you gotta have a tough skin.

There is enough info here to make your head spin, so be careful with your attitude. You can learn to love it here. You just have to pass that newbie test that every new guy gets everywhere in the world.

Dad has a 1972 Cutlass Supreme convert, in Viking Blue with the 350 Rocket. I can dig it.

You need to sit tight, read for a few months (yes months), and learn to use the spell check. If you slow down, there shouldn't be any problem. We all make do and follow the rules. If you want to join a club, or forum, or any group, you normally need to do things their way. It provides order.

Humor doesn't come through on the computer very well either, thats why we have smilies and "hahaha". Just in case you were joking earlier...

Good luck, hang tough, post pics when you get a deuce.

Scooteerr

Don't get discouraged buddy. Sometimes it can take pretty thick skin to deal with folks here (especially when you are the new guy) but I assure that they mean you no harm and for the most part are a great group of people who would bend over backwards to help you out. Some can be real anal about spelling and capitalization so I would suggest that you use a browser like Google Chrome because it automatically spell checks as you type. No muss no fuss.

Now that they understand that you aren't making the grammatical errors on purpose or out of laziness, they will probably lighten up a bit. Hang around, I think you'll be glad that you did. :beer:
:ditto: on that...

At first, the people on here may make you aua, but it's worth it in the end with all the knowledge they provide... Just try your best to obey the rules and they may not :deadhorse: :patracy::hammer:

AnonymousOne

:ditto: on that...

At first, the people on here may make you aua, but it's worth it in the end with all the knowledge they provide... Just try your best to obey the rules and they may not :deadhorse: :patracy::hammer:

:ditto::ditto: ... I got an official admin warning notification / slap on my first week posting .. hang in there. It is worth it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys. The mods don't need any help with the site.

If you don't have anything usefull to add to this thread then don't post.

Last edited:

hunderliggur

Just read through this thread since I bought a DEUCE last weekend. It will get delivered to about 8 miles from my house a week from Saturday! I can't spell worth #$%&^ either! I spelled FUEL wrong in my high school driver's ed class - only question I even got wrong in that class. Reading the newbie document I got a hoot out of "If you want a fast military vehicle, buy an M1009 CUCV." I have a M1009, and although it WILL go 75, it will take you a while to get there ;-) Green fever, its catching (although my trucks and trailers are all tan). ...and yes, I did not buy the first listing I saw, took a good friend with me (82ABNMP) and dealt with a real stand up guy (ATANKERSDAD). This will be interesting.