• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie finally saying hi

maplehillfrm

hello all, I have been lurking here for a while, finally decided to join and say hello. I can see this could become addicting, I have been reading lots of posts and am enjoying it,

I bought 2 105a2 trailers from a fella on ebay, great trailers and they both had bows and covers with them,, I don t know if this is sacreligious,, BUT I am going to use them to haul my firewood with. I think they are going to work out well..

This was prior to finding GL,, I have since bought 6 more trailers,, 3 are only frames and 2 are flat beds 103a3?? I had my EUC sent to BC on the 16th of november so waiting to hear back,, I bought these trailers from ft drum,, going to try to get 3 on my 26 ft gooseneck,, If I angle at least 1 up I should be ok, I hope,, its about a 3 hr trip,, would be great to make only 2 trips,, unless they could stack them ?? but it says buyer load so I am figuring on getting them on with my winch,,

I think after my first EUC clears I am going to be in the market for a deuce,, but I injured my leg real bad a few yrs ago and cant really shift a clutch anymore so,, That may be out,,, unless I could find an auto hahah...

I will find something ,,my son is looking into the air force academy,he is looking into an engineering degree and hears good stuff,, we'll see, but we still have him for 2 yrs,,

I also made a hitch attachment on my farm tractor with a pintle hitch so I could move it around unmolested

I put a picture in an album, maybe I can figure out how to post it here,, sorry so long winded,,, and I only wanted to say HI ,, great job on the site too, pat

Attachments

DanMartin

Welcome to the site!!!

Those trailers sure come in handy. Looks like you got a good deal.

I look forward to seeing pics of your MV when you get it. Maybe something big enough to pull one of those trailers!

BobM

Hey the trailers are now yours. Nobody should tell you what to do with them!:-D
Besides, you aren't the first to find out how handy they are.
And, yeah, this site IS addicting. During the recent upgrade I was told that I had been banned. I almost cried! Thank goodness it was only a glitch....It WAS just a glitch.....right fellas?....fellas?

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't worry too much about the leg injury. You can get an M135 or M211 deuce with an automatic transmission. The later deuces are all manual shift, but the clutch doesn't require tremendous leg strength to operate. You could probably handle it okay on the highway where you can stay in one gear for long periods of time, but it could get to be a real pain for you (literally!) if you had to deal with stop-and-go traffic. City driving and some construction zones could take the joy out of driving real quick if it hurts to use the clutch.

mangus580

I think after my first EUC clears I am going to be in the market for a deuce,, but I injured my leg real bad a few yrs ago and cant really shift a clutch anymore so,, That may be out,,, unless I could find an auto hahah...
On this note... c'mon up and take mine for a drive... see how bad it really might be? Or for that matter, get in touch with Doghead... he is on your way to Drum....

maplehillfrm

see you guys are already getting me in trouble,, that is exactly what I need,, automatic,single rear wheels,, and when looking at internet I see one on craigslist in south jersey,,, but my email is acting up,, this could be bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I could see it now ,,oh boy,,pat:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks