• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Arkysaw

heavy_308

Hello all,
Joe here from Springdale, Arkansas.
New to SS and sorta new to MV. in process of acquiring a 1968 M52a2 tractor....don't know why....it has grown on me driving by it so many times...hehehe
I am a Machinist and Toolmaker by trade, and an avid long distance shooter, and firearms collector.
I have had a great deal of self inflicted misery aua brought on by the decision to buy or not, and then should it be an M35 with the winch, or the M52 tractor w/o winch....

any thoughts on the subject?:idea:

I am very proficient in welding and fabrication....and in truck and equipment maintenance and repair, so a fix here and there isn't going to be terrible.

I look forward to learning from the wise ones here, and gleaning any and all knowledge possible about these fine old girls....
and I will step and confess now; I have a weakness(sickness) for things Czech...this includes guns, beer,:beer: women and Tatra trucks....
sorta got a soft spot for Russian trucks too....but got no plans to latch on to one.
Men are born with a desire to smell Diesel smoke, and hear turbo whine!!!

Petesos

Hi Heavey-308
Just a thought for you to dwell on ......I own the M813A1 here in the UK and it has been priced here at around 15 to 20 grand ...just a thought for you but there are a lot of them in the US ..................but it is a nice investment
Petesos

Oh and wellcome to the site dude

ARYankee

Welcome to Steel Soldiers!!! Glad to see another Arkansan on here. I would go with what you are looking at to start. Then you could buy more OD stuff to appease the affliction.

A

A/C Cages

Welcome to the loonybin full of OD green nuts, great info, Big laughs, and the best source of MV fever addiction relief.

68t

Welcome to ss. I had not been over to Ar---kansas for a while. But hope to go to the petit jean mountian, m.v. show this years. They sure have a great car and M.V. show.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, Welcome to the site, good to have another Springdale resident in the hobby! Just my two cents, go with the M52, power steering, & bigger, you can add a winch, I just looked at a 20K winch and bumper today.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks