• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Evansville In.

lenny3

Hello All,
I am new to the forum as a member but have grazed around the site many times dreaming one day I could be the owner of a jaw dropping magnificent piece of machinery as a bobbed deuce , or any big military truck for that matter. It seemed like it was a completely unattainable dream .
About 3 weeks ago on my way home from work I noticed they had been moving some vehicles ,and trailers around at a large fenced in lot . In the proses They had revealed an obviously dilapidated deuce . No top and very rusty .
I just thought I would stop in and see what they might take for it . It took a few days but I got a hold of the correct person.
It turns out to be a stock 1966 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 . I was told it had been sitting for 10 years and was parked only because it had a fuel leak., had a clear In. title and would take $1000.00 so he would not have to mow around it anymore .
So now I am the proud owner of a deuce and a half . I figured if I had to I could scrap it and get my money back. It was a small adventure to get it home and up the drive. Thank god for the huge maple tree in the back yard.

AZK9

Welcome to the site! Lots of information to be found here as you get further into giving your deuce new life! [thumbzup]

Enjoy the adventure!

dmetalmiki

You have the basis for a very restore able truck there. If it runs ok after servicing you have a 'deal deal' (ah lah Crap Game kellys Heroes!) Welcome to the site hobby friendships and events to come, after a very much involved and (hopefully) rewarding task. Post up ongoing progress.
Your truck is better condition than the one I was going to try and restore, but did not purchase due to to other time consuming commitments, Also at £2000 just a tad to expensive in consideration of all the work and parts required. Pity. (And check out that Number Plate!)

Attachments

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Nashville! You are in a good location. It seems like lots of resources come out of Ft. Campbell and many north of you are in the hobby as well.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from across the river. Congrats on your "yard find". Put fresh batteries and fuel in it and I bet it starts. (first find the fuel leak)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks