• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Iowa says Hello

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello to all and thanks for this great site. I purchased my first MV this past winter as an "anniversary present" for my wife. :grin: It's a 1970 Deuce and she dumps! I bought her with the intention of using around the farm for dump truck work, and now I have kinda gotten into fixing it up. I have learned a lot from you guys and although I am just getting my feet wet, I really value this site. Am sprucing the truck up a little piece at a time. Hopefully in a year or so, I can have a truck that will be a good "using" machine and at the same time be presentable enough to put in the local parades. Here she is on the day I picked her up. Thanks again.

Attachments

Seth_O

Welcome! Was it a present from your wife, or to her? Congratulations, either way ;-). I keep thinking about converting my bobber to a bobbed dumper.......someday.

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seth,
It was purchased on the date of our wedding anniversary...so the joke is, that I got it for her anniversary present. I'm pretty sure I got her something else that was more appropriate, but for the life of me, I can't remember what that was!