• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Knoxville Tennessee

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Won my M1152 on Oct 6th. The anticipation is brutal. Have been lurking and studying as much as possible from this forum and the web in general. It's amazing the knowledge some of the members have here and I'm very happy to have this resource and meet new people. View attachment 849267
Well Congratulations!

Welcome to the outfit too!
Snap us a few more pictures. Inside and out, under the hood, under the truck...
All of those pix will start yourself a new thread in the "Present Conflict" forum.

That way you can show your progress as you make upgrades and fixes. It really amazed me when I went back to see what my truck looked like six months ago! And if you need to point at a particular something - you will have images handy.

Don't forget to use the site to download TM's for your machine too. The -24 book has parts listed when you need to go shopping and the -10 is the owners manual. There are instructions (flow chart style) to troubleshoot when something isn't cooperating. I have to say, the TM's are dry DRY (Very Dry!) reading but having them handy gives you the terms you need to "Speak MV" in the language the rest of us use. Cab Bushing for example rather than a Frame Biscuit... One way you search these PDFs and get nothing. The other way you can hone in on what you want to look at and fix.

Again, Welcome to the group!

KingvonH

Well Congratulations!

Welcome to the outfit too!
Snap us a few more pictures. Inside and out, under the hood, under the truck...
All of those pix will start yourself a new thread in the "Present Conflict" forum.

That way you can show your progress as you make upgrades and fixes. It really amazed me when I went back to see what my truck looked like six months ago! And if you need to point at a particular something - you will have images handy.

Don't forget to use the site to download TM's for your machine too. The -24 book has parts listed when you need to go shopping and the -10 is the owners manual. There are instructions (flow chart style) to troubleshoot when something isn't cooperating. I have to say, the TM's are dry DRY (Very Dry!) reading but having them handy gives you the terms you need to "Speak MV" in the language the rest of us use. Cab Bushing for example rather than a Frame Biscuit... One way you search these PDFs and get nothing. The other way you can hone in on what you want to look at and fix.

Again, Welcome to the group!
Appreciate it sir! As soon as it arrives I'm certain I'll be posting tons of pictures and asking lots of FNG questions lol.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, welcome neighbor. I agree this forum is a irreplaceable wealth of knowledge. The people on here are some of the best out there in my opinion from studying the forum. Enjoy it and never fear to ask any questions. I know next to nothing about hmmwv’s but if ya need any help with anything just holler.

KingvonH

Hey, welcome neighbor. I agree this forum is a irreplaceable wealth of knowledge. The people on here are some of the best out there in my opinion from studying the forum. Enjoy it and never fear to ask any questions. I know next to nothing about hmmwv’s but if ya need any help with anything just holler.
This is exactly what I'm talking about! The welcoming and willingness to be friendly and helpful to those of us that will likely bore you with what seems simple to them. Thank you sir.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum, from north Alabama! Another great thing about this group is that the new "students" can later become teachers and pass the knowledge on. I've seen a lot of new members here lately and I'm happy to see there's still a strong interest in the hobby. Good luck with getting your new "toy" asap. And again, welcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks