• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie from NH....m139 info needed

Craig2121

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hi all!.....been looking for a deuce an half, nothing close.....but i did find a m139 that i would give the wife up for....only 6 hrs away.....i tried reading any info i could find in here about it, but i'm no computer guy, so i probably missed most of it, maybe you could steer me in the right place....how or what can i do about the overwidth? what did you do? is there actually a exemption form? thers gotta be a way to do it, i like the duely look, and i'm suppose to go get it this coming weekend, i didnt know about the overwidth issue till i came in here, and now i'm totally bummed out.....aua

thanks for any info ya can give me....Craig.

Craig2121

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 ton bridge truck....m139,,,m54?.....1961 is year
.....i may be suffering from too much info being crammed into a lil brain thoe.

Craig2121

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry it took so long to reply back, keyboard stopped functioning, an didnt get replacement till now.....ya i got pics on phone.....figured out how to get one home too.....get a temporary proof of insurance letter from your agent....mine is allstate.....didnt cost nothing.....then go to the states registry....get temporary plates....NJ temps are good for 20 days.
i didnt get it....it was rotted to death, cab was rotted 6 inches up all way across on backside so bad the doors wouldnt shut, floor rotted out and hidden under 2 layers of some kinda sticky hard rubber, bed bottem held up with 2x4s and rotted enough i put my finger thru it, winch looked like a tangled fisherman spool and locked up....add on CL an EB total bullshiot.....wasnt worth the 6.5 that turned into 8.5 because of 2 flats ride to get out there....worst road trip ever....thinking i may just ban NJ all together for ever never to be mentioned on pain of death again, kinda trip.....
so, i guess i'm still on a hunt.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Nevada. Good luck with your search, and be patient the right truck will come along.