• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from NoVA

sharkhunter2018

Lurked around for quite a while then finally joined and lurked some more. Just spent my time on here reading up on my Deuce and learning a bit. Finally got around to posting.

Picked up a '71 AM General M35A2 back in March. Most of the things on it are small stuff and some wiring to be done and recently my flame heater deicided to start leaking through the gasket on the intake manifold. And to top that off, one of the bolts for intake is stripped. For the most part it's pretty solid. With Irene running up the coast the other night, I got bored and finally decided to change the trans, transfer and diff fluids. It's nice having a shop at times.

Anyways, I like this place so far and ya'll seem like a good bunch...for the most part anyways :razz:

I'll throw up some pics of 'er here in a bit. Till then, you'll have to live with my avatar :)

Last edited:

sharkhunter2018

soon as i get mine in order and fix what needs fixin'...and eventually tags.

i'm down though, i don't know anyone else who has one other than where my truck came from.

sharkhunter2018

Nice. Yeah, would like to get together with some others from the area at one point or another. Would be nice to know some other guys with trucks other than who I got mine from...which also happens to be in my county, lol

CGarbee

Welcome!

If you've got some time this comming weekend and want to meet some other folks who hang out on this forum (and others), we're having a gathering (trailrides and rally) in Syria, VA (22743)...

There is a thread over in the events section concerning the event at:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-...ountain-virginia-rally-labor-day-weekend.html

The webpage for the rally is:
www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com

Hope you can make it so that we can welcome you to MV ownership in person.

Enjoy your truck, it looks like a good one. :)

Last edited:

mktopside

Banned
We should have a NOVA get together sometime. Rally's are cool and all, I just don't have a whole lot of free time. I do have time to gtg for burgers or something on a sat/sun afternoon.

sharkhunter2018

CGarbee - Not sure 'bout that one. Would love to, but I've got some things I need to take care of. Wanted to work on my truck, but I'm not sure I will get to it. Hopefully next time though for sure.

islandguy - We got much needed rain, thats for sure. needed rain badly. It didn't even raise the creeks here in my area, so we got off pretty good. If you were on the Chesapeake or east of it...well, you didn't get off quite so easy, lol.

mktopside - If you wanted to do a NOVA thing, I might be able to host at one point or another. Mainly wide open fields on 50-ish acres and a mud pit or two when we get a lot of rain. And, for the shooters, I've got my own range.

mktopside

Banned
CGarbee - Not sure 'bout that one. Would love to, but I've got some things I need to take care of. Wanted to work on my truck, but I'm not sure I will get to it. Hopefully next time though for sure.

islandguy - We got much needed rain, thats for sure. needed rain badly. It didn't even raise the creeks here in my area, so we got off pretty good. If you were on the Chesapeake or east of it...well, you didn't get off quite so easy, lol.

mktopside - If you wanted to do a NOVA thing, I might be able to host at one point or another. Mainly wide open fields on 50-ish acres and a mud pit or two when we get a lot of rain. And, for the shooters, I've got my own range.
Sounds good to me! If you ever decide on a date just shoot me an IM.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS Sharkhunter, good looking truck I have two 71s and love them both, they are easy to work on and with the TMs available there is virtually nothing you cant figure out! Keep up on the PMs and these truck will treat you extremely well in return! Again Welcome From ND
KK

CGarbee

If you can't make it down for the entire weekend (we understand, it is a busy time), drive on down for a few hours... Drop by on Saturday night and join us for BBQ and conversation...

You don't have to bring your MV...

Long term: We have this event every year on the same weekend, at the same location... We'll also run the Convoy up to Aberdeen next May for that rally.

It's good to see some new owners in the area :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks