• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from SE Iowa

iatractor

Hello, I'm a newbie from a small town in Iowa called Wapello. Located in SE Iowa almost halfway between Burlington and Muscatine. Proud owner of a 1966 M35A2 that I purchased in May of 2012. Just recently purchased an M149 water buffalo in Nebraska. Kind of stumbled into the military vehicle hobby by accident. Last winter my project pool of farm tractors was getting low and I was in need of a different pick up. So I began my search for a project tractor and another truck, while at the same time a friend of a friend of mine was having issues getting his m35 registered in Iowa. Since I was fairly close to our state representative that served on the state transportation committee, (helped him move and went to college with his son) I put the two together. As a thank you the gentleman offered to let me take his deuce on a drive. That started the bug. My original intent was to make mine a bobbed version. After letting the VFW and American Legion use my truck for different things, and having guys stop by to tell stories about riding/driving one, I didn't have the heart to take a torch to the truck. So my decision to keep it original looking became entrenched. Never did get my project tractor bought or another pickup. When I bough the truck, the dealer I bought it from told me that this was only the start and that someday I would want to get either another truck or "toys" for mine. Thought he was crazy. Kind of thought a water buffalo trailer would be neat to use in my maple syrup hobby to collect sap. Looking at prices, decided I didn't need one that bad. Then a friend of mine found one in a weed patch in Nebraska. Cost of fuel was more than what I gave for the trailer with a stainless tank. Now I'm forever addicted to this hobby. My replacement pickup hopefully will be a CUCV III extended cab with a long box, in sticking with feeding my mv addiction. There are some instances of where my faith has come into play in the motor vehicle hobby, but for the sake of following the rules, I will post that in the Chaplain's forum. There are some pictures of the m35 in my member info. If anyone asks or mentions the American flag on the truck, the picture was taken during a windy portion of Veterans day, just before a storm hit. One thing to note, I still use a film camera so my pictures take a while to get developed and posted. Thanks for having this forum.

Triple C

Hey welcome to the site, sounds like you are well and truly bitten! You will love it here, lots of great folk and more knowledge than you can imagine! Nice truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks