• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from the Caribbean

Prflyer

Hello to all, finally registered after lurking for a while. I am an avid classic Chevy/GMC fan so I had always wanted to pick up a CUCV, finally one dropped in my lap after many years hunting for the right one. I picked up a M1031 that was converted to M1028? not sure of all the "names"
I live in San Juan Puerto Rico so hunting classic cars in the Caribbean is quite fun and beautiful! I look forward to learning more and yes...using the search button ;-) my 82 is completely rust free and straight in every way, still hunting for the story behind this truck, the chassis and body seem to have very low miles because of its condition, there are non of the squeaks associated with running a classic truck! it has a 350 chevy engine and I am not sure if this came with a diesel, I thought they all did? I have only had it for 2 weeks now so I will find out.

Thanks again in advance!!

IMG_1050.jpg

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from California. I was brought up in Santurce #1 Vendig St.

Before it was a hotel and before it had an elevator. Only a shaft. Which is just fine if you don't live on the top floor.

Last edited:

Prflyer

Welcome from California. I was brought up in Santurce #1 Vendig St.

Before it was a hotel and before it had an elevator. Only a shaft. Which is just fine if you don't live on the top floor.

Oh wow, fellow Islander :) I live in Hato Rey, very close to Santurce, Santurce has been getting a nice revival as an Art's town, many artist have set up shop and shops are starting to pop up, really nice. Saludos!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks