• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie From UK

Hollywood1980

Hello Guys and Gals!

I'm Russ from the Birmingham, England. Am interested in all things green and in particular Vietnam era vehicles, CUCV's and HMMWV's. Hope to be acquiring an M1009 in the foreseeable future so all being well I will picking your brains on any questions I have about these machines!

Russ

Carlo

Hello Guys and Gals!

I'm Russ from the Birmingham, England. Am interested in all things green and in particular Vietnam era vehicles, CUCV's and HMMWV's. Hope to be acquiring an M1009 in the foreseeable future so all being well I will picking your brains on any questions I have about these machines!

Russ
Nice to see someone from our side of the pond! Welcome. These brothers will help you as they helped me.

HOWEY

Hey Russ, welcome to the site from an Irish M1009 owner. Any questions you have let me know, and if i dont know it the site members will :-D

Attachments

Carlo

IMG_1115[1].jpgCIMG4385.jpgHey Russ
You like Nam era equipment? I have a 1966 M35A2 that with the help of CARNAC he traced down the history of the truck. Its been to Vietnam and made it back! Plus bases in the US and Europe. Its got a rare White motor and had little use. As you can see paint is a progress little by little. I have many trucks but I need my "dose" of M35 often!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers from a short DUK ride away in Canada.

I will come visit your many abandoned WWII airports one day! If you get 2 MV's, we could both drive one!:-D

jeeplvr247

Welcome to the site. If you have spent any time browsing around here, you have heard of OD fever, no doubt. I must warn you that the aforementioned illness is not mythical in nature and it will get you sooner or later. The disease usually starts small; afflicted victims will wander around saying phrases like, "It would be kind of cool to have a camouflage truck". Stage two of the disease is marked by the arrival of a CUCV into the patients driveway, this is the point where things really start to go down hill fast. The afflicted will usually purchase a trailer for their CUCV and than the inevitable deuce and a half. Since 2.5 ton trucks are social animals and become lonely when separated from the herd, other 6 wheel drive vehicles begin to appear. The end stages of the disease take a large financial toll on the suffering patient as they begin to accumulate DUKWs, HMMWVs, and Gamma Goats.
There is no cure for OD fever and it is a terminal illness. The best you can hope for is that modern science finds an answer before it is too late for all of us.
Good luck finding your MV!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Russ,
Welcome to the site! You will find a lot of good information here and a lot of good people willing to help. I have spent a lot of time over the years working in the UK and all of it enjoyable. I was fortunate enough to visit Pickering during War Weekend a few years ago. A very good experience and I was shown unbelievable hospitality. My daughter is currently working in the UK at an RAF base. She keeps extending her contract because she like it so much. Be careful, this hobby is very addictive.

Hollywood1980

Welcome to the site. If you have spent any time browsing around here, you have heard of OD fever, no doubt. I must warn you that the aforementioned illness is not mythical in nature and it will get you sooner or later. The disease usually starts small; afflicted victims will wander around saying phrases like, "It would be kind of cool to have a camouflage truck". Stage two of the disease is marked by the arrival of a CUCV into the patients driveway, this is the point where things really start to go down hill fast. The afflicted will usually purchase a trailer for their CUCV and than the inevitable deuce and a half. Since 2.5 ton trucks are social animals and become lonely when separated from the herd, other 6 wheel drive vehicles begin to appear. The end stages of the disease take a large financial toll on the suffering patient as they begin to accumulate DUKWs, HMMWVs, and Gamma Goats.
There is no cure for OD fever and it is a terminal illness. The best you can hope for is that modern science finds an answer before it is too late for all of us.
Good luck finding your MV!
I'm afraid its too late bro I was bitten a long time ago!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks