• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie here... I may have a deuce soon...

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right, you can't sell a deuce out of country. I am hoping it is true... I bidded on a deuce on ebay, and was outbidded by a guy from italy! The seller says I most likely won, he doesn't expect to ship a truck to italy. Here is a link to the auction, not sure if I can post it right yet.

Last edited:

baja_power

Congrats!

I may be wrong on this, but i believe that once a duce is in civilian ownership, it can be sold. , but again I might be wrong. I know you cant export one direct from the government. but not 100% sure on a civilian one

bomar76

Hope you get it!
Looks like a great truck for the $$$$

I strongly advise you to get a CD w/ every manual ASAP.....even if you don't get this one.

Good Luck!

da_sgt

Welcome to the forum Stretch [thumbzup] First things first, you need to include your general location in your signature, its one of the requirements of the forum. Thanks in advance for taking care of that ;-)

As far as a civillian selling a deuce or any other item that has a EUC it is the responsibility of the seller to inform subsequent purchasers of the item of the information contained in the EUC regarding the laws and regs pertaining to the property; and records of resale should be available for Trade Security Controls Office review if requested. What that means is if you have the EUC and resell you need to pass on the regs because its your butt on the line :shocked:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I modifed my sig, should show location now. Thanks for the info on reselling. I will let every know if or when I get it, and how the 600 mile trip home goes. Any know the number of pins on a military trailer plug, and what each pin is for?
Dennis

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang... profile shows modifed sig, maybe takes a while to update? I am in Mansfield Ohio, pretty close to some of you guys.

Last edited:

da_sgt

Thanks for fixing your sig Stretch [thumbzup] You need to log off and dump the cookies from the site, then when you log in again and make your next post your signature will show the update ;-)

MVtrucker

Vehicles requiring a EUC are not to be exported, except maybe it's okay to certain countries. Luckily, I always have a buyer sign a EUC. This saved my butt when the Feds performed an intense investigation into my sales history. I was lacking one Bill of Sale due to the kid that bought the truck was supposed to have his Mom sign it and send it to me. The investigator advised me to get it, but after all of my attempts failing, the Fed contacted them. I got a Bill of Sale right quick! Having the signed EUC supported my claim that the sale was legal. All buyers of trucks in the investigated sales were contacted by the investigator. Every owner was clean.
I've had many calls from potential buyers that were going to export a deuce, but I'm not going to jail and lose my buying privilege over a pile of FRN's (fake money, Federal Reserve Notes). I advise every buyer to get a signed EUC if they sell their truck.
The list of countries on the forbidden list is long.

03/24/05: now Adekanmbi Samson wants to buy from me.

da_sgt

Thats right on the mark Joe [thumbzup] It also applies to non export, for example a non-U.S. Citizen/National or a non-Permanent US Resident without a valid State Commerce Dept. export authorization. R4X4 as far as GSA, they might not have a EUC, but they have this in the agreement:

Export Restriction Notice. The use, disposition, export and reexport of any property is subject to all applicable U.S. laws and regulations.

Which is the same as Section lll, #1 of the EUC. So in a nut shell when you agree to the GSA rules its the same as signing a EUC.

As a last comment most think of their deuce as a toy, something to play in the mud with, or paint it and drive it in a parade. But the Government still looks at it as a "Tactical Vehicle". I have been alot of places in this World where a basket case deuce to us would be a "show" piece for some people ;-)

MVtrucker

Sting? I posted the above and then started getting requests concerning info about me shipping to foreign countries. I state right on my site that I am not licensed to export.

da_sgt

Thats a bummer Joe ! So without a export license I guess you can't sell to people in California :lol: :lol: Sorry Bill (Dieselsmoke) could'nt resist that one :turn:

Deuce-bigalo

From one newbie to another, welcome to SS!!! These are the best bunch and you won't go wrong with their advise!!!

John

MVtrucker

>Thats a bummer Joe ! So without a export license I guess you can't sell to people in >California
Disguised as a wine (grape) vine hauler, maybe one could slip into to the Napa area.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bomar 76, I did see you were pretty close, if I do get my deuce, I will stop by. Thinking of crazy ideas for getting home, will more than likely attach a tow bar to the front of my truck and use the duece to take it home. If I could figure out how to hook the air brakes on my bus to the deuce's brakes, I might use it to tow the deuce.

Last edited:

Monster Man

Stretch said:
If I remember right, you can't sell a deuce out of country. I am hoping it is true... I bidded on a deuce on ebay, and was outbidded by a guy from italy! The seller says I most likely won, he doesn't expect to ship a truck to italy. Here is a link to the auction, not sure if I can post it right yet.

Dennis
shoot, even if he could, HE SHOULDN'T!!! selling vehicles on eBay is risky enough, let alone out of the country. There are WAY too many potential scams and if he sends off a vehicle after receiving a fake check there is NO recourse. Convince him it's a bad idea from the get go!!!!!

Hope you get it [thumbzup]

Last edited by a moderator:

bomar76

Stretch said:
Hey Bomar 76, I did see you were pretty close, if I do get my deuce, I will stop by. Thinking of crazy ideas for getting home, will more than likely attach a tow bar to the front of my truck and use the duece to take it home. If I could figure out how to hook the air brakes on my bus to the deuce's brakes, I might use it to tow the deuce.
Do you have a tow bar for the front of the deuce?
If not I MAY be able to borrow a fabbed one, or show you how to fab one up out of angle...of course then you'd need a suitable hitch on the bus.

You don't HAVE to connect to the deuce's air to tow...remember it just an air over hydraulic sytems...similar to vacuum boost...where air only provides the assist, not like a conventional airbrake system where no air = 100% brakes.

I'd also fab up a tow light bar to hang off the back of the deuce if it is the towed vehicle

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a way to actuate the brakes of the deuce with air. Takes a little work but will do the job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks