• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie here... I may have a deuce soon...

rdixiemiller

Kenny
How do you actuate the deuce brakes? I thought you might be able to go from the glad hand on the tow deuce to the same on the towed deuce. Would that work? Or are there some check valves or such in the way?
Joe
I listed my bro in laws Harley on E-Bay a while back, had 3 Nigerian scam offers in 3 days. I went back and added " No bids accepted from Nigeria" to the listings. I think that internet scams are the countries main source of income.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hang on folks, here's how it can be done. You need to provide air to the system of the towed vehicle. I use a standard air hose and run it to the air port on the inside right firewall. This al least gets air in the system. On the air pack there is a "J" shaped air line going from the metering area of the air pack to the back of the air can. You need to remove this and plug the one going to the metering area. Fab an adapter on the other area on the rear of the can. Run an air hose from the service brake port on the towing vehicle to this line. It will apply the deuce brakes. Proprtioning will be off a bit but the brakes will apply.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I see how to plumb the towed deuce. For metered air from the tow vechicle, in this case my bus, would I just tee into a brake line? I might have a unused port on the brake valve that is metered.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Service air would be plumbed into the back of the air chamber on the air pack. That's the only way to remotely apply the brakes. Of course the towed vehicle would have to have air in its system to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks