• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie in AZ

BikerScout07

I would like to say 'Hello' to everyone. I found this site after doing some research on buying a MV. I really wanted a Pinzgauer but, I now think I would like to buy a M35A2C or a M35A3. Don't really know right now. I've browsing the forums and soaking up a lot of knowledge. This really looks like I found a site that could answer alot of ???? that I have. But, for now I'll keep it short just say that I look forward to joining the MV community.

BikerScout07
in Northern AZ

BikerScout07

I havn't been to Spingerville/Eager aka Round Valley in about 15 years. Nice country over there. Love the fishing in the White Mts. Would go over to Greer alot to do some fishing.
I just really can't decide what I want first. A Pinzgauer or a Duece and a half. Either would be fun no matter what I decide.

BikerScout07

Pinzer

I havn't been to Spingerville/Eager aka Round Valley in about 15 years. Nice country over there. Love the fishing in the White Mts. Would go over to Greer alot to do some fishing.
I just really can't decide what I want first. A Pinzgauer or a Duece and a half. Either would be fun no matter what I decide.

BikerScout07
BikerScout, Can't say as I should welcome you as this is my first writing on SS. I would comment on your decision about a Pinzgauer! I have had my 710-M for about 7 years and the older I get the wimpier I get!
I have gone on trails with groups of jeeps and while I am getting beat to death (no power steering) they are enjoying aircondition comfort. The Pinz also get very poor gas mileage (about 12mpg) and top speeds are not very top! About 60 is good for a pinz. Try following a group of jeepers down hwy 17! inernal noise is; well it is military! For about the same money you could get one of the modified Duece's from Idaho (looks like a tonka toy).
Hope this helps on your decision

BikerScout07

I don't know if I would take any extended in trips in which ever vehicle I decide to get. I think the most I would ever drive on highways or hard surface streets would be around 80 to 100 miles from home.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from ND!! I totally understand your dilema concerning the Pinz they are just plain awesome, some day I am going to have a 712 but the last time I was getting close a beautiful M925 got in the way so yet another delay on a Pinz, you have two choices here and the good part is that no matter what you decide you have made the correct decision! Good LUCK and remember pics when your decision is made!
KK

Welcome aboard BikerScout, What part on AZ are you in? Pinzer, nice to hear from a member sooo close by, Cottonwood is like having a big city close by for me.

Welder Sam

if its too big, ur too old. ha! welcome from a frmr arizona resident and likely a future one in the same! u think 60 is bad????????? hahahaha my 109 gets 54 tops! the winch truck pulls 63 tho. i dunno bout the soft top yet. i know it gets 40 in a hurry tho! well for a deuce anyway. :beer::beer::beer:

BikerScout07

Welcome aboard BikerScout, What part on AZ are you in? Pinzer, nice to hear from a member sooo close by, Cottonwood is like having a big city close by for me.
I live outside of Tuba City. Flagstaff and Page are about the same distance from me. I prefer Flagstaff over Page if I need to go to 'town' for things. Not a whole lot of paved roads up here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks