• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie In Lorton Virginia

skypilot13

Hello all! I am just getting started. Do you know the best place for me to get a cable for the PTO driven winch on the front of my M818? Is it a 1/2 cable? Also can you recommend the best manual for this truck?

Orionspath

Welcome Neighbor! Listen, I caught this posting here yesterday , "Dueces Wild Fire Sale" and I go by this site in a couple weeks on my way through Maryland......
.......SaturnSurplus.com is a great site but I will be looking at this site in Denton, Md. in a couple weeks where reports indicate about 30 Dueces and associated equipment laying around for sale as parts! Check it out.....send me a pm and I'll see if I can help you out. Don, you too should contact this guy and I could pick up for you as well...REMEMBER, there is a VIRGINIA RALLY in a couple weeks to Syria, Virginia (look for planned posting from me in next couple days)

CGarbee

Welcome!
I haven't had to purchase a replacement wire rope for my XM813 yet, but I did replace the (smaller) ones on my M37 and XM708 a few years back. Best deal for me at the time was to purchase a spool from McMaster Carr and have it shipped to me.
Agri-Supply carries wire rope.
Your local rigging/heavy recovery folks can tell you where they source as well.
Don't skimp on the quality of the wire rope (cable) or the hardware...

The thread on teh VA rally is located at:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/29688-virginia-steel-soldiers-rally-2009-a.html

The info/registration form is located at:
Graves Mountain Military Vehicle Trailride and Rally

Hope that you can make it, I'll have my XM813 there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks