• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie looking for some head gasket advise/wisdom

JasonS

injectors in or out ?
When I did mine the injs were out. Maybe that is why ??
Injectors were out. I could have maybe ground on the wrench but I hate doing that to a Snap On tool and it was more effective to make one that was exactly correct. Given that some fit and some didn't suggests that there is some variation head to head. These were also a set of heads that were a bit strange. They did not have the small freeze plugs on the manifold side and a cutting torch had been used to remove a cast bridge on the rocker arm side at the foundry/ factory. YMMV.

Rmtaunton

Ok is it jusT my lap top , or does this title show up in forum as " newbie looking for some head" it has to just be mine

Rmtaunton

Dear mod's I have never asked a favor but could you maybe just drop the "newbie " then it will end in "head gasket" . Ok yes it is a little on the funny side , but awfully awkward as well, thank you

Robert

brianp454

rustystyud is correct (as usual)! If that turbo is leaking you're very lucky it's leaking externally. If it starts to leak into the compressor side significantly you will have a runaway engine on your hands.

I would be more concerned about the Turbo leaking ! Take off the exhaust pipe and look inside with a flashlight, then check the intake side. Make sure the seals are still good. Then go after the head gaskets. Get ready for some sticker shock on the prices of gaskets though.