• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie m101 wiring ?

chico1

I just bought an M101... Does anyone know where I can find an adaptor to plug the 12 pin unto a 4 pin.. I don't want to cut the original plug...

Sean

koolex11

Good luck on that one! If anybody has ever bought or made one, you've come to the right place. If you were to successfully make your own, you could probably quit your job and sell them all day to SS members with the same wish!

You know the lights are 24 volt, right? You will probably have to change the lamps too, and the LED's/features probably won't work. Just in theory, I've never tried to rewire. Somewhere on this site people have posted the wiring diagram to make the switch from 4 flat to MV. I think I saw it a while ago.

I do hear what you are saying, that inter-vehicular connector is cool. And you will definitely get some points from the purists here if you figure it out!

You could always put an MV receiver on your vehicle and rewire behind the bumper...that would be BA.

Like I said, good luck!

fuzzyone28

I just wired my civi plug into the junction box on on the tongue, to have both and installed LEDs. So I can pull with my truck or m1009 with no adapter . Works good no problems yet.

Ripcord01

You can use jumpers that connect the trailer plug to your truck pretty simply.

On those connections under that cover the wires should have little metal tags.
On the four flat trailer plug I don’t remember which is which as far as left and right, green and yellow, that should be in the package with the connector when you buy it. But take the yellow/brown and the green brown and tie it to wire 21 that are the taillights. Whichever color wire goes to the left (driver) side will go to 22/461 and the other wire for the right (passenger) side will go to 22/460. Make sure you run the white ground wire to the frame of the trailer.

Attachments

KsM715

I just bought an M101... Does anyone know where I can find an adaptor to plug the 12 pin unto a 4 pin.. I don't want to cut the original plug...

Sean

What are you going to pull it with? Civiy and MV? IF so you can use the adapter above and put LED taillights on it. (expensive route) If civy only, remove the Mil plug at the junction box (and save it to re-install later) and wire in a 4flat plug there with using some of the same style connectors that that trailers has on it. (you can find those fittings at the same suppliers mentioned in earlier posts) and make sure the bulbs in the lights are 12v bulbs.

If you happen to have a CUCV and a civy vehicle to pull it do as above with wiring in the 4flat at the junction box but use splitters and leave the Mil plug wired in also, and again make sure it has 12v bulbs in the taillights.

Edit: you can find all the connectors and splitters I mentioned on this page. http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/coandte.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks