• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie need HELP...

qsracing

Hello
i got my M1009 about 2month now and doing little fix every day

i got 12V system, all fluid changed, new alternator, new 12V starter , and just finished all metal work (not really finished 60% done then i gave up too much dent,ugly bondo work, rust...)

Here's my big problem...
when i start cold it start great not right away but im o.k with that but when i drive more than 20min or motor get HOT then no wait light and it won't start So i was make temporary glow plug switch....still won't start (when motor get hot it should be start without glow plug anyway....)
after cool down about an hour(about 80 here in vegas) then it will start with pumping gas pedal and still no wait light..
when i turn ON position about 10sec later i can hear "TIC" noise (like relay sound..?)it from center of fire wall that's sigh of willing to start

i haven't change glow plug and fuel filter but i changed all rubber hose fuel line and vacuum hose My glow plug work only cold...little warm

One more question ...
Second gear change 40mile third 60mile driving by third gear i feel comfortable ....but first,second gear it is pretty painful, really noisy just like im driving TANK.
If any body know how to adjust it..change gear speed....15mile second gear 50mile third gear...

1 no glow plug work when motor get hot ...why..?

2 wont start when motor get hot....why..?

3 what's "TIC" noise..?

4 40mile second 60mile third... is it normal...?
is it possible to adjust it..?

thank you n please HELP me...!!

Jeremiah_Johnson

I had the same Transmission shift problem , I read here ( SS forum ) about the vacuum module that bolts to the Injection pump is the adjustment for shift point. Mine was rotated all the way forward toward the radiator, to adjust I rotated mine half way back toward windshield and seen a quicker shift Point it now shifts at 25 mph 2nd and 40 mph into 3rd .No advise on starting problem..

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you are broken down on the side of the road, DO NOT use the word help IN CAPS in your title.

qsracing

Hot start problems point to IP culprit

Download manuals follow troubleshooting

Read glow control operation theory on cucv wiki
ok i will thanks

Unless you are broken down on the side of the road, DO NOT use the word help IN CAPS in your title.
:-D

I had the same Transmission shift problem , I read here ( SS forum ) about the vacuum module that bolts to the Injection pump is the adjustment for shift point. Mine was rotated all the way forward toward the radiator, to adjust I rotated mine half way back toward windshield and seen a quicker shift Point it now shifts at 25 mph 2nd and 40 mph into 3rd .No advise on starting problem..
just rotate bolt..? i will try today thanks

cpf240

For your shifting problem, you should first check all the vacuum lines, as they tend to rot and then the transmission won't get the proper vacuum signal for the **** points!

Jeremiah_Johnson

Loosen bolts (two bolts 10mm I think ) and rotate switch ( black plastic ) up & back toward windshield Try it half way 1st . I assume you have replaced (checked ) rubber vacuum hoses and also that you do indeed have vacuum....

qsracing

For your shifting problem, you should first check all the vacuum lines, as they tend to rot and then the transmission won't get the proper vacuum signal for the **** points!
i think i was replaced something right side of transmission it was just hang there looks like plastic piece was wrap it and hold metal hose to transmission i just use rubber hose with band cramp

Loosen bolts (two bolts 10mm I think ) and rotate switch ( black plastic ) up & back toward windshield Try it half way 1st . I assume you have replaced (checked ) rubber vacuum hoses and also that you do indeed have vacuum....
Where is located at..?