• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie needs help, fuel problem

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Your talking about out of the hard lines? If I take the injector lines off the hydraulic head and turn over the motor, it looks like a water fountain at Vegas. Small short bursts. Not much volume is needed through the lines to make the motor run, it is the pressure to get the injectors to pop. I doubt it would go back into the IP instaed of building pressure, unless the plunger bore is WAY worn.

cummins7

The hard lines that go into the injectors is like a low psi deffinately no more than 20-30 psi (rough guess) deffinately not enought to open the injectors. When I took the hydraulic head apart the piston wasn't tight it just kinda dropped in and moved freely and would fall out on its own but had no play I could find. And I'm soon going to give up. The power screw just broke off

derby

Did you break the screw on the side of the HH? if so you will have to replace the head, as I understand they are machined and fitted for each head. been there!
Sounds as if there is some sludge in the nozzles. WVO should be heated or used in a low percentage mixed with diesel to keep it thin. if not it will turn to a thick syrup in cooler weather.
I would not take the nozzles apart ,they are a very precise part. the springs and shims are what create the pop pressure along with the adjustment on top.
You could take the nozzle you have out to a local diesel shop and see what they say or buy a new set.

cummins7

No the full power screw which is worse in a way but gives me a reason to get a 5 ton pump and look at the inside of my old one, there's a guy who can rebuild mine for $500-$600 so hopefully I can find a 5 ton just as much, but gonna be highly upset if it don't fix it

Seth_O

If you bought the truck for scrap and can get a used pump/HH you're still going to come out well ahead. I bought a take-off IP/HH from Boyce for $150 and used parts from it on my deuce to fix a fuel issue. They may still be willing to sell them at that price, which makes it a pretty cheap fix.

cummins7

UPDATE: finally tracked down injection pump installed today. After priming the fuel system it started right up thank all of you that helped!!! But unfourtanetly the brake light sensor on the air pack bursted and I lost brakes luckily I was still at the house. Just ordered one so hopefully soon I can take it out and finally enjoy the deuce! Now all I need is a set of 395s. Also no more ether

Last edited: