• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie needs help with a small part...

a175

I'm in the process of purchasing a 1986 M1008. There was a small rubber part that has dry rotted. In Figure 14 (page 14-1 I suppose) of the "34-P" CUCV TM, it's part 9. Part Number is 22506637. Can't seem to find one on the net, and I'd rather keep deals between good folks. If anybody knows where I can find one, that would be friggin' sweet.
Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you folks at the meet in Ponchatoula!

a175

All it's called is an "adapter". It goes from the vacuum valve regulator then connects to two rubber hoses. It's not the "T" shaped piece. I got the TM from jatonka

cucv1833

welcome aboard

Thats a vaccum valve adapter. just a fitting .you can probaly find one in a junk yard are i might have a spare im about to strip down a M1008 and use it for spares.

a175

The fella who has possession (he's awesome enough to be doing repairs pro-bono) of the cucv said he rigged something up. He seems to know what he's doing... not his first rodeo with MV's. I'd love to have a deuce like his. Need a farm first haha

a175

I didn't find one, but I've driven the truck as a daily driver for several weeks now without it. I have to unlock the church and turn on the a/c units this morning. When I get back, hopefully I can remember to take a picture so I can show you what we did as a replacement.

Smokingman

If you are talking about part 9 in the figure posted above my post mine was rotted as well.I simply removed it and replaced it with two small sections of hose.It worked,though I did keep the rubber piece.I tried to figure out if it was more than a connection,and did not seem to be.

Jersey4x4

#9 is available in the Help/Motormite/Dorman section of an auto part store or from a Jeep parts store. I stock them for replacement on the front axle disconnect used on Jeep & Dodge vehicles. It is not really needed but it makes it nice to unhook and reconnect the lines if needed.