• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie - oil leak

dutch-deuce

Hi i’m johnny from holland

Great forum and very helpfull !!

I’ve got my deuce for 8 years now and still like it a lot
Its build as a m35 a1 but got the ltd 465-1c engine , maybe some-one can tell me more about it by the numbers
-vehicle idno. M58990
-mfd by. 4 - E - 2657

Lately there’s a lot of oil-spot around the engine-head , do i need to change the head gasget?? It starts and run perfect.

Sorry for the bad spelling ! joy the pics :lol:

Attachments

gene

Depends on where the oils coming from. A pic of what you are talking about would be useful for the good ole boys on this site. If the oil seems to be coming from the manifold it may only be what they call slobbering. the deuce does this normally if it spends alot of time idling. I dont know why it does this but I had the same question awhile back ago and that's what they told me. Best to avoid unnecessary work when you can.

Just my two cents. Hope this helped.

Gene

54reo

This must be the original application of Bjorn's crane.

More pics please!! I agree with gene, a few of the leak may help. But we would love to see more pics of the truck.

Thanks for posting. [thumbzup]

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
clean the engine and see where the oil comes from, the valve cover gaskets and the breather assy often account for a lot of seapage. i have a dog from holland!

Attachments

Lorax

RE: Re: RE: newbie - oil leak

Does the crane fold up under the tarp?

You guys have got to STOP showing pictures of these trucks with so many neat toys on them. No way can I afford all those toys, which are obviously needed.

chuck500cc

RE: Re: RE: newbie - oil leak

Welcome to the site. I am a new deuce owner. Good looking truck. Glad you are getting some use out of it. [thumbzup]

Chuck XD Fan

dutch-deuce

Here’s a pic of the oil leak it’s behind the manifold.It does idle sometimes for a longer time with higher rpm when i use the crane.
I will clean the engine and check it after a good ride.
I agree to avoid unnecessary work.

Johnny

Attachments

dutch-deuce

O.K. some more pic.s of the truck ( glad you all like the truck )

Same truck ( can’t afford more trucks ) build the crane on the truck just last month.
The crane does fold up but not under tarp. Just cut the bed for 40cm and let the bed-cover resized.
The tires and wheels are from a russian truck size is 12,00x18.

Johnny

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Wow, nice truck and I like the crane job. That looks like just a leak to let you know that you've got oil pressure, although I may be wrong.

dutch-deuce

[That looks like just a leak to let you know that you've got oil pressure,]

What do you mean by that, you think the oil pressure is wrong ( to high ) ??

johnny

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like just a leak to let you know that you've got oil pressure
No, he meant it looks like "normal" weeping of oil around gasket-ed surfaces. There is a oil pressure regulating diverter in that area. It may be slightly loose and leaking at the gasket there. clean it up, look it over and maybe snug the bolts there, you'll see what I mean.

Attachments

pa.rich

From the Netherlands! My name is TenHoeve. Have you seen that name over there? My grandparents migrated to USA. I always wondered if it was a common name there or not. And I like your truck , especially the folding crane.We say " Your not much unless your Dutch" !!! Thanks for the pictures and good meeting another dutchman.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks