• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Question

dobyg75

i found a deuce that i want to purchase through gov liquidation can any one give me a run through of what will happen when or if i get the truck?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you win you will be billed right wawy. Then you fill out the EUC and wait. Sometimes its 2days sometimes its months. Then if the EUC clears, you can pick up your truck. Once you get it home you will fill out the SF-97 and wait more days till that comes back. Then you will go to the dmv to register and get (maybe) a fine for not registering right when you purchased it. In ohio its only $5 for late registration, other places its alot more. Then you get your tags and drive it around the neighborhood. That will pissoff your next door neighbors and code enforcement will show up the next day and tell you "you can't park that in this neighborhood". Then you will retain an attourney and get a court date. Etc, etc, etc. :twisted:

1qwkgoat

1. Make sure whatever card you register to bid with can carry the full price of what you win.

2. As said they will bill usually you the day after the auction ends, when the lots are awarded.

3. Once you have recieved your invoice you have 7(i think it may be 5) bussiness days to submitt your EUC, copy of DL, Export letter. You can get all the forms from the GL website, except the export letter. Get on the live chat and ask that they email you one. For more help on the EUC part go to the EUC help section on the site, lots of detailed info there.

4. Once you submitt the EUc it will be checked for errors by GL, then submitted to "battle creek" Once at battle creek it may take days or I've of it taking 4 months to be approved. However at the 45 day mark GL can if they chose decide to cancel your sale. Your money will be returned and no truck for you.

5. Once the EUC gets approved, you can them go pick up the truck. You will need to schedule a time to pick up with the lot personnel at the facility it is stored.

6. You file for a SF-97 wait to get it, then you can pay your late fee's and tag it.

dobyg75

I live in New hampshire and you can register a truck with just a bill of sale if its ten years or older is there a chance that some one could write one for me? that way i could just drive it when i get it oh and i don't have to worry about any one complaining except my girl friend

stampy

Have you considered it may not run? Look at the recovery threads. I got SOOO Lucky with my first one.The last one we had to towbar home(thanks Neilhendrix) Be prepared!:-D

poppop

Stampy is right, if you can't inspect the truck ahead of time you have no idea what you bought. Even with inspection you can't catch all the problems it may have. Also some Bases will not let you drive the truck off base, it has to be towed or hauled. You have two weeks to get it moved after your EUC is approved. Some GL guys will work with you on late pickup and some won't. All these things you need to know in advance to save some headacks after purchase. There is a lot of good information about this in previous posts you can read about. The search function does not like me and I usually can not find what I am looking for, but maybe you will have better luck. There is one about what you need to bring when you pick up your truck. that one is a must read if you can find it.

Carl_in_NH

FYI: In NH you can get a 20 day permit for $10 (once and only once per vehicle for that owner) using nothing more than the paid invoice from GL as proof. You will need the VIN number - and that's not on the invoice. I simply wrote mine down and took it with me along with the invoice and walked into the DMV. $10 and 10 minutes later I walked out of the DMV with my temp plate. It's fresh in my mind because I did it today at lunchtime. If someone can inspect the trucks you're interested in, make certain they write down the VIN numbers and pass them along to you so you can get a temp plate.

With any luck, my SF-97 / title will be back before the temp plate expires.

One more thing - you will need a title in NH for the deuce; it's more than 10,000 pounds - so the age limit does not apply. Title required.

-Carl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks