• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie questions

nathank

The question I have is what is the going price for a duece. Before you ask I dont have set year or model. I am not real familiar with any of these but, would love to jump in feet first. I am in east texas Henderson to be exact and Texarkana is not far if I can pick up one at the armory. Thank you for any response. Sorry if this is not up to this sites rules and regs.

Capt.Marion

Before you get flamed, I would started reading through the "Deuce" section here. Read through as many of the threads as you can, and get educated.

To answer your question, "deuces" go from free to $10k. It all depends on what type of truck you want (with a winch, with a crane, with a dropside bed, a project truck, a show-room quality truck, etc).

91W350

You are in a good area.to pick one up. Texas seems to dump a lot of them onto the market. I am afraid the party is about over though, especially for the M35A2 trucks.

RGummere

Like the previous posts mention, prices are wide open. Dad and I paid $2,300 and $1,700 respectively for our M35's with hard top cabs and no winch. Yes, one is a bit rougher than the other one but if you are willing to do some work and cosmetics yourself, you can get a decent rig for a decent price. We got ours from GL but it sounds like you have a few more options there in Tx.

nathank

I am looking for a project truck to build. I looked over the forum and really like the bobbed and four door conversion. Just needed an idea of where to look and prices they are going for. I understand everything is worth what you want to give for it but, a starting point to compare one to another is always a good starting point. Just because one is listed for a price doesnt mean that is what it is worth. Thank you for all the response and help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send a PM to FMJ, he is in Tx and is moving soon and recently mentioned he may need to sell off some trucks. He is a very reputable member.

Welder Sam

Ive seen some a2s as high as $16k and a3s as-is for $13500 but the ctis was advertised to work. Theres a guy in ok that has a2s for $5500. Memphis is the highest that ive found @$16k "reconditioned". Do alot of research and checking for urself. Esp on the crewcab! Theyre cool and i swear ima build one if it kills me. Which it may. Or cause a divorce.. but ill have my super cool truck!!!! Hope ya got some yrs of fab exp

davey8943

... Do alot of research and checking for urself. Esp on the crewcab! Theyre cool and i swear ima build one if it kills me. Which it may. Or cause a divorce.. but ill have my super cool truck!!!! ...
after the divorce you might end up with HALF A CREW CAB!!!!!

rofl

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself!!!

But seriously, nkendall07, Welcome!

Dave

nathank

That was actually one of my questions how do you get them titled?? Oh and not really worried about the divorce thing my wife has been putting up with my building of projects doubt this one will cause anymore issues than my hot rod dodge diesel!!! LOL!!