• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Thinking About A Bobbed Deuce

springfield 24

Hello everybody,

I'm a total newb to the whole modded deuce scene. One of my friends turned me on to these after I told him about my idea to restore an old truck. "Why waste your money on that, when you can have one of these for the same price?" he says as he pulls up a picture of one on the internet. Well, that was all it took and now I must have one. I'm thinking of getting one from 100dollarman, but I've got time to look around still. Moving on...

...I've got a few questions about them. I've been looking around on the internet, which led me here, so I thought I'd post up a couple of questions.

#1.) What kind of speeds can you get on the highway? (plan on running 49's, probably the non directional Goodyears)

#2.) What kind of gas mileage do you get? I've seen everything from about 9-14 MPG. Again, plan on running the non directional Goodyear 49's.

#3.) Can the front rims be flipped and ran on the rear? I can't tell if the backspacing is the same on all rims.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get one of these!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers. Firstly you won't go wrong buying a truck from Hundy. Lets start from number 3. The long and short of it is we can't answer. No one has any ideas what rims you are buying. I can tell you that at least one of the wheel vendors can produce a wheel that can be reversed for front or rear use.

65 MPH should be OK with the 49" 1400R20 rubber

Fuel mileage depends on you. 9 to 14 I think is a little high. I'd say between 8 and 12 would be more accurate.

YMMV

springfield 24

I guess it would be helpful to mention what rims I want to run if I want to know how I can run them. I'll probably end up with rims like the one on the Trucks page of 100dollarman (fronts dish out, rear dish in...hope I'm describing that right).

RIMS: 100Dollarman - Trucks!

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...how do you mount license plates on these things? Just drill through the tailgate???

Last edited:

Jake0147

Those are stock wheels with large tires.
Look carefully, in that configuration the rears are a good bit wider than the front. In dual configuration the front axle width is designed to "split" the difference in width between the inner and outer rear tires.
Look at that "trucks" page you linked to. In the first (left hand) column of pictures, scroll down to the last picture before you get to the CUCV (blazer) stuff. That truck has the rear hubs flipped, which puts the mounting flange in line with the front mounting flange, the wheels are installed in the same orientation, and all track the same. That's what I'd do. (Unless I were keeping the duals, which is "really" what I'd do, but I'm not doing it...)

License plate screws line up perfectly to the raised reinforcement ribs on the left side mud flap.... Just a suggestion. I've seen them screwed into the tailgate too, although that makes them look a lot more "prominent" than on the mud flap.

springfield 24

Thanks for your help guys. Man I'm excited to get one of these. I probably won't be able to get one anytime in the immediate future though. I'm shooting for a max of 3 years, sooner if I can help it.

A couple more questions:

If I run the stock rims with the rear rims flipped, will they fit in an 8X18' parking space? That's what I have at work, and I'm hoping to make this truck my (almost) daily driver.

Darn it all if I didn't have another question, but can't remember it! Ah well, thanks again guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks