• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Tire Change Help

cg25713

To all who are interested. Mission Accomplished. The black ring, part #12342633, worked for me. After fully tightening down the wheel bolts, its holding 30 pounds of pressure no problem. If anyone ever tightened the wheel nuts down to 125 lbs/ft - I would like to meet them and buy them a beer. They stopped dead at about 110. At least for me. Although the black 1/4" o-ring may appear large, when in the grove it is only sits a very tiny bit higher than the red one. I'm certain it is now compressed into a triangle like the original one I removed. My advice - don't do any of this if you can avoid it. See pics below. Please let me know if you see any issues. I just came back from a 15 minute drive and all seems okay. PM me if you have any questions. I used all the suggestions provided above. Thank you all for your help and input.

IMG_0101.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0116.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0117.jpg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you thought that many was a pain in the butt, try the 24 bolt wheels. Twice as many bolts to torque, and as you have to do a 2 stage torque, one set of wheels involves almost 200 uses of the torque wrench.
I'm not looking forward to doing mine when the new tires get here, but the wheels were cheap and gives me another set to play with

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks