• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie tire question

HELLBENT

wonderin how big i can go on a stock height stock wheel bobbed deuce. or how big with the hemtt wheels with bolt in centers? I could do a 4inch lift without much trouble i could imagine.:deadhorse: i know.. i know... i usually overdue the tire size. squeezing everything i can. got a cherokee with 9" of lift and 38"s under it. big tires rule!!

Last edited:

whyme

aprox. 49 inches on a bobbed truck (gets tight), 46 on a 6x6. HEMTT wheels are 20" just the same as stock, they are just wider. not sure what your asking there. 46" tires are prob the biggest youd really wanna go on stock wheels anyway, at least so far as ive seen.

tire rub up front can be an issue with the 49' tires but there are ways around that.

whyme

cannot answer that personally but i am sure it has been discussed. try a search, almost everything has been discussed numerous times.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
tire rub up front can be an issue with the 49' tires but there are ways around that.
If you really wheel your truck, 395s are a problem with wheel rub up front. I have destroyed my inner fenders. Removed a louver or two already, bent a bunch more, and pushed it(inner fender) away from the frame.

HELLBENT

only occasional wheeling. it will be more of a daily. going the bobbed route. i have seen members with 53"s on "stock" bobbed trucks. think xtreme 4x4 used 49"s on their build. just trying to gather info before i jump in feet first

Last edited:

Preacherboy

I have 46" tires on hemtt wheels, but it isn't a bobbed truck. It really depends how you bolt together your wheels, if you put the plate on the back side you will be fine. If you put it on the front you will probably rub.

With that being said, from what I have read on this forum you can't put the 53" tires on a bobbed deuce unless you give it a lift. But the 49"s should be ok without a lift.