• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newer from California, unfortunately

eodcoduto

I just PCS'd out to California and in the next year or so I will start building my -Get to Alabama- vehicle. I am interested in anything with an engine an I enjoy the technical articles on this site.

tim292stro

Sorry about the station change, but welcome to Calironica. Some parts are not as bad as everyone thinks, but others are worse.

Commercials painted it like this:
dairy-cows-in-field.jpg

But it's more like this:
dry-dirty-reality.jpg

Emissions thing is not as bad as it could be (certainly not as good as some states have it) - but for me it's the population that's the issue. 30Million+ people in this state, that's 10% of the population of these 50-states, crammed into one state - and unfortunately most of the people huddle into their little holes together.

My best advise to you as you come to California is to find places where people aren't. They are some of the most beautiful parts of the state (mostly because you'd have to want to look up from your cell phone long enough to drive to where it is).

The more MV people the merrier [thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site hobby and friendships to come. The hills up around fallbrook (near Camp Pendleton) Are quite nice indeed.

Last edited:

NovacaineFix

Greetings from the neighborhood.

I saw Fallbrook or Camp Pendelton, is that where you are stationed?
Used to live in Fallbrook for a short time, the Naval Weapons Station was my backyard. How peaceful it was to sleep at night with the sounds of a MK 19 in the distance while bright yellow night flares drift slowly back to earth.

It was a nice place, but moved further South.
Good Luck with your Get Home project

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks