• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newest Pur. M1008 out of Little Rock

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a really nice M1008 at Fort Robinson in Little Rock when I was picking up a M101 I had won and realized it was the truck the ARNG yard guy had been driving around the base for years, really nice shape and I need a pickup that was 4x4 and hefty so it looks like more manuals to read!

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it cranks and runs, I will have to check everything else! Have you seen one with a 3 in receiver hitch, I hope a civi one will fit?

J.Z.

receiver hitch

I fabbed up a couple of receivers for mine.......front and rear..I think this is what you are thinking about..made from common year receivers...

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the first one, the flush mounted one, is it a comercial mount or did you build the whole thing. I have a 16 foot car hauler I want to use it to pull, nothing for long hauls just moving my stuff from one storage area to another and short hauls to shows. I have read some of the threads already but it sounds like 55 is about the best highway speed for the truck.

mr.travo

My heart skipped a beat there for a second! I thought that was the 1008 I used at work before I retired. Looks pretty close. The only difference is the seat wasn't ripped and the tires were different. If it was I could tell you what all needs fixing :mrgreen:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Travo:
I think it was used at Camp Robinson, but it still could be, there is only a quarter size tear in the center of the back seat and the wheels/tires were switched before it was turned in, so who knows? I really didn't pay much attention to the truck while I was there, I only started to consider buying it after I left the yard and realized it meet most of the requirements for the truck I was looking for, and an MV as well!