• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

News: USAA will start insuring deuces and other MVs in the fall

Westex

Raising an alert here; everyone who is insured with Falcon Insurance out of San Antonio needs to be aware; mine expired and I'm having some trouble getting results out of them; tomorrow will be the D Day. Will report back on my findings after I have a conversation with the agent tomorrow.

Westex

UPDATE: Well out of the clear blue I heard from them and I got a year long policy for $265.00, which I am very happy with. The policy coverage is excellent for what I paid and at this point I have to chalk up the small delay to the Holidays. Overall I am very pleased with Falcon Insurance and their service. Gordon Park is the guy to talk to. I highly reccomend them. There is no limitation on daily driving, etc. I just can't be hauling commercially, which I do not do anyway.

storeman

I hope usaa does it. there is not a better company. have been a member for almost 50 years! just wish they would still write homeowners ins in my area. stopped after one of the hurricanes about 10 years ago. still have everything else with them

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
USAA's General Agency underwrote my deuce insurance throught Progressive about two months ago. I was about $450 per year.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish i was getting in the ball park of yalls quotes for USAA. They quoted me $1600 per 6 months (no joke). No accidents, no tickets, already insured a vehicle through them, just due to my age. Bah!

3dAngus

USAA's General Agency underwrote my deuce insurance throught Progressive about two months ago. I was about $450 per year.
Tin, If you don't mind the question, what kind of Insurance did you get with what kind of coverage for 450 per year. And what year is the Deuce that is insured?

goodguyzy

I'm insured through USAA right now on my pickup. got in a fender bender (person in front of me lost control) more than a month later still no word and they are trying to tell me its my fault, (not final yet). it may be cheaper by a few bucks. I was with state farm and my MV's are through them right now and was planning on switching over. Now I'm switching my pickup back and will pay the $40 more to have local representation. i know most of you are going to say I'm crazy but that's my experience.

Jakob

I'm insured through USAA right now on my pickup. got in a fender bender (person in front of me lost control) more than a month later still no word and they are trying to tell me its my fault, (not final yet). it may be cheaper by a few bucks. I was with state farm and my MV's are through them right now and was planning on switching over. Now I'm switching my pickup back and will pay the $40 more to have local representation. i know most of you are going to say I'm crazy but that's my experience.
That's odd, I've NEVER had a problem with USAA and service has been very fast with them all of the time. I carry all of my insurance through them.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 2 weeks ago I insured my 5 ton through Progressive. I called USAA and they said they can't insure it themselves, but they referred me to Progressive. Progressive set me up on a commercial policy for $900/yr in MI. Both USAA and progressive said they cannot do an auto policy because of the weight, and neither would consider a historic vehicle policy again because of the weight. Something I thought was peculiar was the truck had to be registered in MI, they wouldn't insure it if registered in AK (I live in AK, but the truck is in MI). The good news is registration in MI was easier than it would have been in AK.