• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Block Heater Inst.(PICS)

hank2424

I installed the same heater and mine only gets warm and not hot, seems like it now leaks a bit from thermostat housing. Could it be touching the block maybe?

2mtrucks

I had the same problem. Tighten the nut on the receptacle and it should stop the leak (I believe there is a gasket on the backside that won't seal unless that nut is tight).
You are correct...the next one I install I will be sure to tighten the element BEFORE I install the plate.

acme66

I put a tank type 'percolator' heater on mine. I know it isn't as nice slick or efficient as an in block heater but I did have it on the shelf. The thing was designed for big ag tractors and is stupid large. I think it pulls 12+ amps, it is retarded big. 2 hours chugging away and the bock is hot to the touch, like 150 or better hot. Here is a general question however. A few of us were hashing out pre-lube on another thread... I don't heat my engine oil, anyone foresee issues of -10 oil entering an engine that is within 75 degrees of operating temperature when I start it? I suppose it will get some radiant heat from the block but... I worry too much when I start to think about things.

Ken

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked mine up today at carquest but doesn't come with bolts/screws what size do they take or does it use the old ones?
You reuse the bolts from the inspection plate. If you want new bolts, they are standard 1/4" coarse thread bolts.

Spyderman

I cant wait to install one on my truck. Been shopping around for the best price. Should have bought the one on that auction site for $24.99. aua