• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 hours before rebuild

Hooper

Thinking about a 5 ton, how durable is the cummins diesel? How many hours of use can you get on one before you would rebuild it?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It was not uncommon in the old days to get a million miles out of one before a rebuild.

On of the issues with former military trucks is the time they sit doing nothing. Seals dry out, pistons can get stuck, injector pumps go bad.

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

The 250 is an obsolete engine, when I had my money pit (M816 wrecker) I could not find an old school mechanic to work on it.

Some of the 900 series 5 tons coming out now have the 8.3 turbo Cummins in them.

I love the one in my M927 but it is somewhat anemic in the big truck.

Hooper

It was not uncommon in the old days to get a million miles out of one before a rebuild.

On of the issues with former military trucks is the time they sit doing nothing. Seals dry out, pistons can get stuck, injector pumps go bad.

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

The 250 is an obsolete engine, when I had my money pit (M816 wrecker) I could not find an old school mechanic to work on it.

Some of the 900 series 5 tons coming out now have the 8.3 turbo Cummins in them.

I love the one in my M927 but it is somewhat anemic in the big truck.

Thank you. This one truck I was looking at has a flat. I thought I could just bring a tire and wheel with me but would thye let me install it at the time of pick up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks