• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 questions

Landman87

Little back story had the truck for 2 years would start it and move it occasionally nothing much. Finally get the project done and road worthy ran great out to the job then started to get a little miss. Finish drive back to the shop down a cylinder and runs terrible. Check and change the fuel filter it was bad everything that came out was rust colored. Didn't get any better. I've cleaned the fuel lines out to no avail. Any guesses? Dirty injection pump? Clog up an injector ? truck idles great but anything over and it rough. Not making any smoke of any color. I have ordered the 2 head fuel filter assembly so will get that installed when it comes in.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there is a cleanable screen filter in the PT. There is a screen filter on the in coming injector ports. Most of the time if one of the 250 I was running poor I had the PT rebuilt. Also checking all rubber fuel lines and if I remember pick up tube can have problems. If you had a gage that you hook to the PT you could check to see if it is getting the correct rail pressure.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember the 939 series had a check valve installed in the return line that needs to work . Is your truck 809 or 939 series?

Landman87

Ended up pulling the pump and dropped it off for a rebuild. Hoping not to have to mess with the injectors other wise i'll just hire that out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks