• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC-250 Stuck pistons

5_TON_TOMATOE

O K- Well, now I've got some issues. Pulled the top end off after trying to lever open some valves, and some were stuck. 3 cylinders have rust and corrosion in them. No coolant that I can tell. Contaminated fuel, or just humidity in the air and sitting? Any thoughts, or has anyone had this issue before? Figure I better do liners, pistons, and rings at least, but pistons are stuck real good to liners. How should I go about removing these guys? Thanks

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I wouldn’t even waste the time rebuilding a wheezing 250, not worth it IMO. Source a complete running 300, 400 or even a Shiny 290 and set it in. You’ll actually have piston coolers then, a turbo, more power and it’ll add value to the truck especially if you find an engine with Jakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crf450x

O K- Well, now I've got some issues. Pulled the top end off after trying to lever open some valves, and some were stuck. 3 cylinders have rust and corrosion in them. No coolant that I can tell. Contaminated fuel, or just humidity in the air and sitting? Any thoughts, or has anyone had this issue before? Figure I better do liners, pistons, and rings at least, but pistons are stuck real good to liners. How should I go about removing these guys? Thanks
Can you not just knock the liners out while the pistons are stuck in them?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just hammer with a good long round bar from the bottom up and out.

I have an actual liner puller.

Just drop acetone/atf in the cylinders for a few days and let it work. Piston will knock out