• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC oil cooler repair

powerhouseduece

Well it happned to me. I went to install a block heater on my truck and when I drained the coolant it came out jet black. I was praying it was only a little oil in the coolant but was way wrong. It puzzled me at first cause the coolant in the tank was still green, and the rad was black. I changed the oil 500 mi ago and the oil was still amber color and not milky or black. Anywho I started ripping the oil cooler apart and the cooler looked ok (my motor has 5k mi. on it since rebuild) but im not taking a chance and replacing everything. The O-ring's were harder then woodpecker lips so that seems that could be a issue. The gaskets on the block looked ok.

I got another member to lookup the part #'s from cummins (thanks JakeLC15)and see if there still good #'s and see if he could get me a discount. All the #'s in the TM checked out (thanks WillWagner) and parts are on the way.

1st pic, yea thats right, that was my coolant!
2ed pic, part #'s on the cooler
3rd pic, cooler off the block
4th pic, laptop on the truck while on SS! lol

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks